chapter fourteen

The music was loud in his ears. It was already very late but they decided to stay a little bit longer. Well, Sapnap was the one who decided that.

Quackity was currently on the dance floor with Sapnap, while George and Dream were somewhere else. Karl had seen them walking outside half an hour ago but they were currently still outside somewhere, doing something nobody wanted to know about. And they really had said "we can keep an eye on him". Yeah, I see. Now Karl is the one that has to take care of him.

While everyone had fun, Karl was just standing aside. He was having an eye on everyone, just making sure that everything and everyone was alright and luckily, they were. Well, to be honest Sapnap was getting more drunk every minute but as soon as Karl tried to stop him from drinking another drink, he told him that he's just having fun and that Karl should be more relaxed.

Sapnap had tried to give him a drink but he respectfully stopped as soon as Karl told him that he wouldn't drink anything, that he didn't want to.

Sapnap was the opposite of that.

"Sap, this is enough now", Karl walked over to him and took his drink out of his hand.

"I'm fine! Give it back now", Sapnap stood up on his tiptoes and tried to reach the red cup in the taller boy's hand.

A smirk sneaked its way onto Karl's face and he enjoyed watching the smaller boy in front of him. Every time he tried to reach up higher, their bodies pressed tighter together. The brunet felt his cheeks getting hotter, just like the air around them. Sapnap didn't feel any of that, all he had in his mind at that moment was his stupid drink in his friends hand. He didn't feel any of that until he heard a soft giggle escaping Karl's lip. His attention shot back down onto him and their eyes met instantly, just like the taller boy's giggle stopped instantly. It was like Sapnap searched something in the blue eyes, his green eyes were just scanning him for a whole minute. He was getting lost in Karl's eyes, the look behind them was so soft and understanding, yet there was worry. A heavy sigh slipped through Sapnap's lips. His heart dropped to his stomach as he saw the blue eyes falling down on them afterwards.

Sapnap stumbled back immediately. He needed to get hold onto the kitchen counter behind him, to stop him from falling. The boy in front of him reached forward instantly, ready to help him as always. There was genuine worry in his eyes, something that made Sapnap somehow feel safe and cared, yet he felt uncomfortable for some reason.

It was not usual for the smaller boy to be cared about. All he had felt in his life was pain and betray. His mother tried to reach for him, tried to love him and Sapnap wanted to accept that feeling, that feeling which he was so scared of. Whenever he didn't swallow that feeling down deep into his stomach, he'd get hurt. He'd be vulnerable, something that he didn't want to be. It was always a fight for him, he had tried so long to shut out the words his dad had screamed at him. Sapnap was lucky that his mother was there, that she comforted him sometimes but he couldn't dare to let that affect him, to let that affect his heart. Because at the end of the day, she'd watch him getting punched by her husband. She'd watch it in the corner of the hallway, tears running down her cheeks. It didn't care how much she said sorry to him afterwards, the hurt in his heart was inevitable and unbearable.

That was probably the reason why he was always running away from the taller boy whenever he felt that feeling creeping up on the inside of him, creeping up his throat. He was afraid to say it to him, the three words that weren't even as big as 'I love you'. But still 'I like you' was obviously a way to admit his feelings, to admit the love that was building up inside his heart. It was hard for Sapnap to admit his feelings because whenever he did it, he'd get let down.

He couldn't do it.

He needed to get away immediately, away from Karl.

Sapnap didn't think that the taller boy would hurt him but it was still possible. Another thing that was possible was Sapnap hurting him, which was even worse. That thought was always running through his mind. Pictures of tears escaping the beautiful blue eyes just because of him.