special chapter

The smell of cookies dispels all his inner tumours as he enters the apartment, inhaling the delicious smell that reminds him how awfully close Christmas is. A soft touch tickles the exposed skin of his ankle, swiveling around his leg as it meows up to him. 

"Hello, Elfie", he cooes down at her and she meows right back at him.

Sapnap hangs his jacket up, places his shoes away from the hallway, and ushers towards the kitchen with baited anticipation. He peers his head out behind the door, and the view unravels a known feeling inside his chest.

The feeling that he loves the most, after the person who is the reason he's feeling all it. It ablazes him every time and every time he is grateful for finally feeling love again and he doesn't understand how he is the person who ends up getting loved by the little guy standing in his kitchen, the apron around his upper body full of flour but that doesn't stop there, no, the flour is all over his sleeves and trousers as well.

As he meanders towards his boyfriend, he slides his arms around his torso from behind, cornily placing his chin on his shoulder while trying to ignore the upcoming pain of his toes as he is the smaller one here. 

When Karl turns his head to the side, Sapnap leans forward and places a kiss on his cheek, right atop the spot of flour. "How do you manage to get flour all over yourself?", he asks. 

"What do you mean?", the brunet asks leisurely and looks down on him, his mouth shaping into an 'o' afterward. 

Sapnap lets his hand slide over the once blue pullover and a small cloud of white flour resonates with the air. They both frown and step a few steps away, the taller one removing his apron while doing so.

"I'm rarely getting anything done, I can't even cook cookies", he signs and lets himself fall onto the couch. 

The other one is fast to react: "Hey, hey baby. Maybe you should change first before you start to sulk over nonsense hm?".

"The couch is already dirty, I'm gonna clean it later", and he reclines back and lays wholly on the couch. 

Sapnap smiles fondly down at him and brushes his hand through the brown hair of his boyfriend since his hair is full of flour as well. He kneels down on the floor, lets his chin rest on his arms as he folds them atop the couch, watching Karl turning on the side to face him. 

"I bet your cookies will taste amazing", the smaller one says. 

"I hope that there are gonna be a few that I can bake since I ate almost the whole dough", Karl pouts slightly. 

"So what? I'm not gonna be able to taste them? Your first-ever baked cookies?".

"Stop! This sounds like I never cooked or baked something".

"Well, you kind of did. You just stood next to me or your mum and said you're helping when you're clearly not", a smug look is plastered across the face of Sapnap. 

Karl just rolls his eyes. "Now I'm sure not gonna let you taste any of the cookies". 

A sudden weight is pushing him down into the softness of the couch and that softness is alike to the feeling of another pair of lips on his own. Sapnap deepens the kiss, pushes the other boy further down, and earns a low hum of him. He leans back. 

"The cookies taste great...I mean the dough", the smirk on his lips is adding another drop to the teasing undertone. 

"Since it tastes so good why won't you get some more?", Karl's hand is sneaking behind the brown head of hair and he's pulling him down to meet him in another soothing kiss.