chapter eighteen

Karl was sitting in Dream's car, his head rested against the fogged window. There was quiet music humming out of the radio and the brunet sighed, closing his heavy eyes afterwards. He sensed how the taller boy shot a quick glance at him and he heard him sighing as well.

"Are you alright?", he asked.

"Yeah, don't worry", Karl mumbled, his breath hitting against the already fogged window.

Dream bit his lip, unsure to ask ahead or if he should just stay quiet.

He had already drove his boyfriend home and Quackity was in the backseats, probably sleeping. They arrived at his house a few minutes later and the blond turned around to face the actual sleeping Quackity.

"Hey, man. You're home", he softly shook his arm, a bad attempt to wake the smaller boy up.

Quackity groaned slightly and opened his eyes. He wiped over them, blinking a few times afterwards. His eyes scanned the car and he suddenly remembered why he was in it.

"Jeez, thank you for driving me home", he opened his door and jumped outside.

"Bye Quackity", Dream tossed him a small smile before he closed the door.

Karl's eyes drove off to the foreyard, watching the boy with the beanie walking towards his house. He quickly lifted up his hand and softly waved at him.

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?", the blond's voice sneaked up inside his ears again, keeping him from falling asleep completely.

He slightly shook his head.

Even though everything inside him told him not to, to keep himself up, he somehow fell asleep within seconds.

Dream parked in front of Karl's house and his face turned to the side. A smile creeped up on his lips as he saw the smaller boy sleeping exhausted in his car. It's something different for Dream, the whole situation. He knew what he's going through right now, George had avoided his feelings as well for a while. He must be so exhausted, so tired of Sapnap telling him to leave him and coming back days later, just to push him away again.

"Karl? We're there", the blond's voice was soft and Karl started felling more comfortable just because of it.

"I don't want to sleep home today", his lip quivered for a second and he bit on it to stop it from doing so.

He heard the taller boy sighing. His mouth twitched a little bit as he heard the engine humming again. 

20 minutes later, he felt the car coming to a halt. He heard the keys, how they swung in the air and how they crashed against each other. He heard the driver's door open and a few seconds later, he heard his door open as well. His head fell down for a second and he frowned, yawning afterwards.

"Come on, get out", Dream laughed softly, rolling his eyes at the boy in front of him who was shaking his head at that moment.

The blond didn't even hesitated as his hands found their way under the smaller boy's knees and on his back. He carefully carried him outside, closing the door with his one foot afterwards. Dream felt how Karl snuggled himself against his chest and he smiled down on him, on the brown head.

"Thank you", the brunet mumbled as his friend laid him down on the couch, laying a blanket slowly down on him in due course.

"No problem. I'll sleep upstairs, alright?".

Karl only nodded. He wasn't even sure if the taller boy saw him doing that but he assumed that he did because he heard him quietly walking upstairs.