chapter seven

Sapnap was laying in his bed, holding his side in pain. He felt like throwing up.

Coming home and sneeking into the house at night wasn't a good idea this time. His father was wide awake and unfortunately his mother wasn't.

He slowly sat up, lifted his T-shirt and looked at his side. His skin was slowly turning blue. Sapnap took a sharp breath when he stood up. He needed to take care of this right now or it would turn out pretty badly. It was horrible that he had such good experiences with taking care of wounds and stuff like that.

He carefully put on salve, sighing at the cold liquid on his burning skin.

Meanwhile, Karl was sitting on his chair, spinning around out of boredom. Again he couldn't sleep and it was annoying him. He sighed and took a sip of his energy drink. The brunet frowned, stopped drinking the good drink and looked at it. He sighed again. Now he knew why he couldn't sleep.

He decided to turn on some music and started mumbling the lyrics to sweater weather.

His phone buzzed.

Big Q: You're still awake?

Karl: Yeah. Why are you asking?

Big Q: You should maybe come over

Before Karl could text his best friend that it was literally 2AM, he texted:

Big Q: It's important

Karl sighed. He took his last sip of the energy drink and stood up. It seemed pretty cold outside, so he decided to take a jacket with him which was actually the first time for him. He still loves the weather and he would never stop talking about it.

He thought that Quackity maybe needed help with homework or that he was just bored. But asking him to come over at 2AM out of boredom in a school week is pretty weird. He's definitely a person that would say it's important without it actually being important. But Karl didn't really think that it'd be important. But it was. It was actually pretty important.

Half an hour before, Quackity stood in his bathroom and was brushing his teeth. He flinched when he heard a sudden knock at his window. His toothbrush was still in his mouth when he slowly walked back into his room and looked at his window.

"What the fuck", he mumbled and walked closer to it.

Sapnap was sitting there, his lip quivering and his hand at his side.

Quackity ran back into the bathroom. He heard a knock again but this time it was louder.

"Chill man", he said even though the boy outside couldn't hear him in that moment.

He washed his mouth and put back his toothbrush. Then he opened the window in his room and crouched down a little bit to get a better view of the brunet in front of him.

"What the fuck are you doing here so late?", he asked and eyed him with confused eyes.

Sapnap didn't answer.

"Hello? Are you alive?", Quackity waved slowly with his hand.

Sapnap slapped it down.

"Stop that", he mumbled and took a sharp breath.

The boy inside looked Sapnap up and down. He saw his hand shaking, the hand that was still holding onto his swollen side.

"Hey uhm are you actually alive? I mean, you don't seem good right now", Quackity said.

"I didn't know where else to go", he suddenly said.

"You told me to come to you for...", Sapnap took a deep breath.