chapter thirty three

The alarm was starting to beep and Karl buried his head down into the chest of his boyfriend. It was way too early to stand up for a day of summer vacation and yet his hand reached behind him to grope after his phone, which was vibrating and making unnecessarily loud noises on his night stand. As soon as he felt the display under his palm, he pulled it towards himself. His body turned around as well as he swiped one digit over the screen, turning the alarm off. Keeping his head up for a few seconds was already making it feel heavier than ever before and before he could even think about turning on the other side again, to turn into the warm embrace of Sapnap, his head fell down into the cold and velvety feeling of the not used cushion. He heard the duvet behind him rustling and hands were snaking their way up on the brunet hips under the duvet. With a swift movement, Karl's back was resting against Sapnap's chest. He felt the periodically breathing and it was singing him into another wave of safeness. The hands wandered up and they swung around his upper body, engulfing him. While Karl's hands were close to his own chest, he felt fingers grazing against his own ones and intertwining with them in an instant. Not just Karl's hands were now in Sapnap's, no, he'd also lay his heart into his hands any second.

"You know that we need to stand up", the smaller one whispered into the nape of the brunet, sending shivers down his spine.

Karl only groaned and cuddled himself deeper into the cushions and his boyfriend. "Normally I am the one to say that and you don't want to stand up so please have mercy with me this time", he mumbled.

But Sapnap had no mercy with the taller boy. When Karl heard him wallowing behind him and thereafter sitting up, he grumbled yet again into the cushion.

"Come on. Did you forget where we are going today, little?", there was amusement in the voice of the smaller boy as his hands grabbed the endings of the duvet to pull it back in one movement.

"Stop! Give it back, it's cold".

Karl finally sat up as well but not to stand up. His eyes darted around the room to find the duvet but it was curled up in the tight embrace of Sapnap. There was somewhat greed inside the blue eyes and the smaller boy laughed slightly. "You look like you want to rip this blanket out of the grip of my dead body", he said.

"I do and that's one hundred percent what I'm about to do now".

It was probably senseless to run after Sapnap to get the blanket because he was way more awake than the taller boy. But still, Karl jumped up from the bed and just then his head felt dizzy that he needed to stand still for a second. As his vision went clear again, he started to run towards his opponent. Of course he was faster and his feet were already making the stairs squeak as he stepped quickly down on them, Karl close behind him.

Surely his head wasn't working clearly and the tiredness was still holding the gears back from turning so without even thinking, he jumped off the last two stairs to land on the back of Sapnap. He croaks a guttural groan as he almost buckles down from the sudden weight on his back.

"Hey! Don't act like I'm overweight now!", Karl scolded jokingly.

"You're obviously not! You just jumped off of two stairs and landed on my back without any warning. And my body didn't even really wake up", his hands sneaked under the thighs of the brunet as he lifted him up a little bit to be more comfortable. He tilted his head down once again to plant a quick kiss on the intertwined hands in front of him and in return he felt the light boy on his back snuggling more down and sighing in comfortableness. Sapnap smiled to himself and he felt needles pushing into his heart, making it tickle and hurt in a way that he never wanted it to stop.

"Don't you dare fall asleep on my back now, Karl", he accentuated ominously.

"But it's just too hard to not to", the boy on his back mumbled and turned his head around. "Do you know how great you smell? You smell like home to me and it's impossible to not feel safe around it".