chapter thirty one

They had been together for a while now.

2 weeks with each other and nobody has seen them this happy before.

While Karl had insisted that Sapnap would somehow move in, that he wouldn't want him back at his place, he was scared that he was being too overprotecitve or possessive at first. But after another big argument, Sapnap satisfactory Karl with his agreement on staying for a while. And luckily, Karl's mother was fine with that after they had told her a few lies about the situation at the smaller boy's house.

But after all, it was like a thaw. The sun started to shine its longs arms out above Orlando, embracing both of the boys with its warmth and melting away the stress and exhaustion they had to go through the last few months. All the push and pulls of them, when neither of them really knew what they had wanted, what they had felt but now none of them was scared to show it. Especially Karl, he wouldn't miss a chance to say it to his lover. The three words that were still unspoken of the smaller boy, that were still lingering on his tongue and sometimes making it go numb as he kissed him and only wanted to scream those words at him. So easy and yet so hard for him.

It was wondrously, the motley personalities of everyone in the house, bounding together. Sapnap had no problems with getting his way along with Karl's mother and sometimes Karl thought that she likes him more than her own son. They had watched movies on the weekends, his mother drank a whine and would sometimes complain about her being lonely while his son was so deeply in love. The brunet would heat up immensely after hearing that and the delicacy of the sudden touch of Sapnap on his arm, pulling him closer and giggling at the statement of Janet was making his body jolt from the touch, pushing him closer to the abyss.

Sometimes it was like he was only starting to fall in love. Butterflies were dancing around in his stomach whenever the smaller boy would look at him with his green eyes, gazing at him with endearment. He felt his ribcage struggling when a warm hand was placed on his jaw, stroking over it before their lips would collide in another fervently kiss they'd share at night, in the jaunty tranquillity.

"I have never felt this safe before".

He'd sometimes whisper it to him. Into the night, the words lingering in the air like an overspoken problem. And it was overspoken. They had never talked about Sapnap's problems again and even though Karl wanted to speak to him, to let him speak and listen, the other boy would recede and there would be such a seclusion that wasn't to bear. It'd cease after a few days and they'd find their ways back into each others arms again and kiss each other senselessly before they'd fall asleep with fires in their stomach that'd slowly wipe out before it'd be ablazed the next day.

The two of them were interminably lopsided. But they'd find equilibrium with each other.

With baby-steps from now on. And that was fine. For both of them.

But both of them were also happy to do a big step today.

Keeping their relationship a secret was very stirringly and arousing for the two teenagers, albeit excruciating. It was hard for them to wholly keep their hands away from each other at school, mostly hours and hours together or even next to each other. And since it was so new for both of them and Sapnap and Karl were so enamored and besotted, Karl sometimes found a soothing hand on his thigh, running a new circuit through his body.

All the many kisses they had shared behind corners, their hearts beating so fast for each other and because of the possibility to get caught. Separating their ways after school even though Sapnap would turn around the second people weren't around anymore, to walk his way back to Karl's house. They'd cook together, eat together and after fighting the urge to just fall asleep in each others arms on the couch because of the exhausting school day, they'd do their homework together.