chapter sixteen

Even though Karl didn't like parties, he somehow found himself at one again. It had been two weeks since they stopped talking and Karl's heart was still craving for the smaller boy like the first day. He told himself that he would stop thinking about him as soon as the purple flower would be dead, the flower that Sapnap had shoved behind his ear on the day they had a picnic. It had died a few days ago and Karl was obviously still thinking about him every day, every free minute he had. He was like a ghost flying around in his mind, saying his name and telling him that he misses him. Some people would say that it's a terrifying thing to think about, a person nonstop in your brain that literally rejected you and of course it's making his goal, to forget everything he had with him harder but sometimes it was comforting. He missed him and seeing him whenever he started sleeping was the best thing in the day, while waking up destroyed it. That was mainly the reason why Karl was almost sleeping through the whole day and because of that, he barely left the house.

Quackity was getting tired of that. He missed his best friend and that's how they ended up at a party. He said that it would be a good deflection, a good way to think about something else than Sapnap. George and Dream joined them as well and unfortunately Sapnap was also at the party. Well, Karl already thought that the smaller boy would be there, he'd never miss a party. But still, seeing him shoving so much alcohol down his throat alone in the kitchen and nobody was there to tell him to stop, that it's enough alcohol.

"Don't, Karl", Quackity grabbed his arm softly as the brunet wanted to walk towards Sapnap.

"He's already drunk enough. This won't end well!", Karl pulled his arm away, his eyes still stained on the boy in the kitchen.

"I'm going to take care of him, alright?", he pulled his beanie down a little bit and as soon as the taller boy nodded, he went over to Sapnap.

Karl watched them, intertwining his fingers nervously. He saw how Quackity took his drink and how he poured it into the sink nearby. Sapnap reached for the cup only to get a soft shove from the boy with the beanie afterwards. Quackity's face had a mad look on it, just like Sapnap's. They were literally screaming at each other, something that made Karl even more nervous. He thought his heart stopped beating as Sapnap turned his face around to him. The smaller boy narrowed his eyes, the look behind them cold. Karl took a deep breath and within seconds, he walked outside.

------------------

"What are you doing here?", Dream sat down next to him on the bench.

"I needed to get some fresh air", Karl snuggled himself more into his jacket, the cold air hitting him was getting uncomfortable.

The blond only hummed and leaned back as well.

"I heard about you and Sapnap. I'm sorry about that", he added.

Now it was Karl's time to just hum.

"Do you maybe wanna talk about it?", he felt the soft stare of the taller boy on him but everything in his mind told him not to face him. As soon as he would see his sad, pity face, he'd cry and that was clearly something that Karl wanted to avoid.

"I don't know. There's not much to tell actually", the brunet's voice was barely above a whisper and it got lost in the wind.

Dream sighed.

"You know, Sapnap didn't want to talk either but I know his story, Karl. I've knew him since we were kids and I know almost everything about him. This doesn't mean that I am going to tell you, I think he should tell you that whenever he's ready but... me and George we had our problems as well in the beginning", he was talking in a very low, relaxing voice to not scare the smaller boy. He wanted him to feel comfortable and he wanted him to trust him.