chapter twenty two

There was one week left until spring break and Karl couldn't wait for it. School has been exhausting but luckily, he's not failing any classes yet.

But unfortunately, Sapnap is.

He's failing biology, probably because he's not attending to any lessons. But still, he said that he doesn't need help from anyone, that he can do it on his own. Well, Karl is kind of good at biology and he thought that he does need help, he probably doesn't even know what they were doing at that moment.

Karl knew that on Fridays, Sapnap's parents wouldn't be home so he thought that he could surprise him. A study date, what a great surprise.

So with that, he was currently on his way to Sapnap, walking of course. The small house was a few minutes away by that moment and he was almost running through the rain, stepping into a puddle and feeling his sock soaking wet. He made a pout and continued with running. A relief sigh slipped through his lips as he finally saw the small house of Sapnap. He almost tripped as he ran up the stairs to the front door, knocking a few times on it afterwards.

"Hello?", Sapnap opened it.

"Hi", the brunet smiled at him, little rain drops dropping down from his hair strains on his forehead.

"Karl? What are you doing here? Come inside, you're gonna catch a cold", a hand placed itself softly on Karl's shoulder and led him inside.

"I'm going to get you a towel, hold on", and with that, the smaller boy ran upstairs.

He was downstairs again within minutes and he quickly laid the towel around the other boy's shoulders, squeezing them gently afterwards.

"Call me the next time when it's raining. I can pick you up", Sapnap was now facing the brunet, his hands were still placed on his upper arms.

Karl only nodded, already feeling warmer because of the towel and the warmth the worried words Sapnap said caused in him. The feeling overtook his thoughts and he leaned forward, planting a quick kiss on the soft pink lips of the smaller boy, which was now smiling slightly. He leaned forward again, kissing him longer now.

"Thank you", Karl breathed against his lips as they separated again.

Sapnap was still smiling softly, walking into the living room afterwards. There were some photo albums on the small table, open with a wet tissue next to it. Karl frowned and stepped a step forward, looking curiously down on it. He didn't catch a long look because the smaller boy quickly grabbed it and closed it, scrunching the tissue in his hand afterwards.

"Sorry, my mum left this there", he said, his voice quiet since he was walking into the kitchen to put the two things away.

The brunet only hummed, not improved by that horrible excuse. He knew that Sapnap wasn't trusting him that much, which was probably a reason why they haven't really spoke about their relationship yet. They never said they're boyfriends or that they are in a relationship, they're just friends which are making out sometimes and somehow feel very safe and cared by each others company. Yeah, the usual friends.

"Alright, uhm I came here to study with you. I know this sounds boring bu-", Karl stopped talking as he heard a quiet sniffle out of the kitchen. He instantly sat up and slowly walked into it, respecting the space the other boy wanted.

"Sap? Are you alright?", he asked carefully.

Relief overflew him as the other boy's head slightly appeared behind the kitchen door. There was a single tear running down his cheek and Karl immediately reached forward, catching it with his thumb, which he was softly running over his cheek afterwards.