chapter twelve

Monday morning.

Karl wanted to die.

Yesterday night has been too long for him. Quackity had forced him to plan up a blind date for Dream and George. They had been fighting for a few days now and neither George nor Dream told them the reason. It was frustrating, whenever anyone was in a good mood, the two boys standing meters away from each other with crossed arms destroyed the mood.

But luckily, the plan worked somehow out.

Quackity was responsible for George while Karl's task was to get Dream out of bed. After 15 minutes Dream decided to get out of it.

"Come on, I want to get food", Karl shoved him out into the hallway.

"Why didn't you get food with Quackity?", the blond asked, voice tired.

"I want to spent some time with you".

Dream almost tripped down the stairs and tossed the smaller boy a mad look.

"Stop pushing me through the house", he mumbled and turned around.

Karl was constantly playing with his fingers, intertwining them and drumming on his legs with them. He could feel the look the blond tossed him sometimes and he tried to ignore it.

After a few minutes, they had arrived at Burger King. Probably not the best restaurant for a blind date but what would Dream think if Karl wanted food from an expensive restaurant?

"Alright, get yourself some food", the taller boy leaned back into the seat and pulled out his phone.

"Actually, why don't you get me some?", Karl pulled his phone out as well.

"What?", Dream had a frown on his forehead and there was only confusion in his eyes to be seen.

"As a nice friend? I'm kinda lazy".

They were silent for a few seconds, Dream just looked at him with a look of disbelief.

"Karl, what is up with you today?", the blond turned his body around, now facing Karl.

He started stuttering and he really couldn't find an answer.

Then, they heard George.

"Quackity, are you serious? I'm not dumb, I can see Dream in the car with Karl!", he was walking towards his car, his voice sounding slightly angry.

"Is that George?", Dream asked.

"No", Karl answered.

He sighed and tilted his head back, running his hand over his face afterwards.

"What were you two planning? You and Quackity?", he sounded mad as well.

"You two were fighting for too long now and it's horrible! Just talk, please", the brunet groaned.

It was silent for a minute and Karl thought that Dream left the car but he was still sitting behind the steering wheel, looking outside on the mostly empty parking lot. He sighed as well and started talking.

"Alright, Karl. I appreciate that you guys wanted to help us but this is something between us. We've been together for a while now and it's always hard for George around this time. I won't tell you any more reasons about this, it's something between us or something about George and it's not my right to tell you. But trust me, we'll figure this out. We always do".

The blond gave him a soft smile and turned his keys, the engine starting a few seconds later.

And indeed, they did figure it out.