chapter seventeen

It was getting darker and darker and just alike Sapnap was getting drunker and drunker. Yeah, drowning his feelings with toxic liquids was the right thing to do for him.

That stupid talk with George had made everything worse. It wasn't like the brunet was already running through his thoughts all the time but now after that talk with the brit and Karl being at this party... it drove him crazy.

Another sip.

They all drove him crazy. Especially Karl.

Another sip.

How that boy always stared at him, the whole damn night. He had his beautiful blue eyes on him and whenever Sapnap looked over to the other side of the room, he only saw worry in these ocean eyes.

I was horrible to you, stop worrying about me!

Another sip.

His vision went blurry, just like his brain went fuzzy. He needed to hold onto the kitchen counter, a quiet groan slipped through his lips afterwards.

"Have you been practicing with someone else lately? Quackity or?", Sapnap seated himself on the passenger seat and watched the taller boy sitting down behind the steering wheel.

"No. I already told you, I want you to teach me driving", Karl tossed him a smile, something that made the butterflies in the smaller boy's stomach flying around quickly. He smiled back at him, his heart smiling with him as well.

"I know. I just wanted to hear it again", he laughed softly.

Karl just shook his head, a laugh slipped through his lips as well.

He placed his hands on the steering wheel and turned the keys around. The engine started humming a few seconds afterwards, just like the fear did in Karl.

"Hey, remember what I told you? We're on an empty parking lot, there's no car to be seen. Nothing can happen and if so, i'll help you. Alright?", the soft voice was creeping up inside the brunets ears, leaving a pleasant shiver running down his spine.

He nodded quickly and pushed his feet down on gas. The car started moving slowly and he turned the steering wheel carefully, bringing the car to take a turn.

"You're doing great! See, you can do it", Sapnap was shifting around in the seat, the excitement and proudness not to be overheard in his voice.

A small smile planted itself on Karl's face. He felt the safeness again and he couldn't get enough of that feeling. Whenever he was with Sapnap, he felt safe. He made him feel safe, safe with everything around him and with himself.

"You improved so much! Last time you just instantly pushed the brake as soon as the car started rolling", the laugh that escaped the smaller boy's mouth was making Karl's heart swell. He smiled again.

"Yeah, thank you. Not for making fun of me, but...", the taller boy chuckled slightly.

"No, no! I wasn't making fun of you, I am just proud that you already improved so much", the brunet took another turn after hearing that compliment of Sapnap.

"But there's still something wrong...", he added.

Karl frowned and turned his head to the side.

"Hey, nonono! Eyes on the road, little one", the boy in the passenger seat pointed towards the empty parking lot.

"What am I doing wrong then?", his eyes were now on the 'road' but his body was tense again, afraid that he is doing something completely wrong.