chapter nine

Karl and Sapnap sat awkwardly on the taller boy's bed. The tension was thick and they both didn't dare to speak. Finally, Karl was the first one to say something.

"Ok, this is ridiculous", he sighed and turned around.

Sapnap was sitting on the bed, his head rested against the headboard and his right hand was still holding his side.

"What?", he whispered and slowly opened his eyes.

Karl took a deep breath and scooted back a little bit, his back was now leaning against the wooden headboard as well. His elbow slightly brushed the other boy's. Neither of them reacted, Sapnap just tried to ignore the twist in his stomach.

The midday sun was shining into the brunet's room and left a comfortable light in it. It was shining on one of Karl's hands and he enjoyed the warm touch of the sun, wishing that it was coming from something else. He shook his head slightly, trying to get rid of these useless thoughts and that dumb feeling which was developing in his whole body.

"What is ridiculous?", Sapnap snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Oh", Karl turned his head to the side and he met the confused yet soft gaze of the smaller boy.

"I'm sorry, I already forgot", he chuckled awkwardly.

Sapnap's corners of his mouth twitched. He sighed afterwards and turned his head forward again, looking at the TV.

"We have plenty of time, don't we?", he suddenly asked.

"Uhm yeah, kind of", Karl answered.

"Why don't we watch a movie? I mean, we clearly do nothing at the moment and I think that's a good idea. What do you think?", the brunet barely understood what Sapnap had just said but thankfully he didn't need to ask again because he did caught the important part.

"Yeah, sure. Sounds good", he quickly stood up and walked towards the shelf, looking through the many movies he had.

"Any suggestions?", he asked.

"I want you to decide. I want to get to know you better", Sapnap's voice sounded awfully soft and Karl hated the way that small things like that already did something to his heart.

Karl bit his lip. The shiver running down his spine was almost inevitable. There was something about the smaller boy's voice that always caught Karl off of guard. Maybe the soft and interested tone but sometimes it was raspy as well. It was just relaxing. Karl could listen to it anytime.

He swallowed the lump in his throat, to not avail.

"And you want to do that with watching a movie?", you could hear the soft chuckle coming afterwards.

"Well, yes", Sapnap answered as if it's the most clear thing in the world.

"Here, catch", the brunet tossed the other boy a movie.

"Star wars?", Nick read.

"Yeah, I hope that's okay?".

A smile took over Sapnap's lips and his gaze was soft when he looked up.

"Of course".

Karl nodded and stood up again, walked over to the TV and turned it on. The movie started playing a few minutes later.

He sat down next to Sapnap. His heart was beating loudly in his ears and he really hoped that the movie would be over quickly. It was hard to fight off the urge to move his hand a little bit to the left, to let their hands brush each other's. Out of sudden, Sapnap did it.