chapter twenty

Sapnap was still looking at him with soft eyes, yet you could see the tiredness flowing behind them. There was so much hope in them as Karl didn't answer instantly, as Karl thought about the second chance and the brunet felt his mouth twitching slightly as Sapnap's formed into a huge smile after the taller boy told him that he'd give him another chance, the last chance.

"Thank you, Karl. I promise I won't mess it up this time", a soft, happy laugh escaped his lips and Karl needed to hide his smile by biting the inside of his cheek.

No much feelings for him, he needs to be more careful this time.

The brunet eyed him, how he was swaying around in his room. Ok, so how would this go now? He's clearly too drunk to go anywhere but Karl also didn't want him to stay over yet.

"Can you be serious for a second, please?", he walked over to him and tried to stop him from moving by placing his hands on his upper arms. Sapnap immediately stopped in his actions and his head turned forward, looking directly at Karl. The taller boy swallowed and tried to stay calm, tried to ignore the flip his heart just did very quickly.

"I-I'm gonna sleep on the couch and you can have my bed, 'kay?", he asked, a sigh leaving his lips afterwards as the boy in front of him nodded.

Karl walked towards his wardrobe to get Sapnap some comfortable clothes so sleep in. He tossed them over to him and his cheeks tone was turning much darker as the smaller boy just started undressing him in front of him. The brunet quickly turned around, attempting to un hear the light chuckle of Sapnap.

"You don't need to turn around tho", he whispered and chuckled again.

"Just... hurry up".

Luckily he did. Karl turned around a few seconds afterwards and he found Sapnap snuggling himself up in his bed. The taller boy happen to stare at him, his heart swelling a few sizes in his chest. He couldn't resist thinking about how happy he actually was that they talked a little bit, that Sapnap still wanted to be with him, to do something with him. He was afraid that it would actually all just be over, just like that but he was so happy that it wasn't. A small smile creeped up on his lips as the boy in his bed started snoring slightly.

------------------------

Sapnap woke up a few hours later. He couldn't really sleep because this bad headache wouldn't let him and also, he was so thirsty. His shoulder burned slightly as he stood up and he took a sharp breath. Yeah, he and his father had a fight again but this time it was Sapnap who started it, who was the one punching him, which was mainly the reason why his shoulder was hurting so much. He probably dislocated it but he couldn't care less, every time he felt the pain of it he remembered what caused it, that it was him fighting his father. It made him proud and feel some kind of relief.

His feet slowly brought him into the bathroom and he turned on the water tap to sip some water out of it. The headache only got worse as the tilted down his head to drink some water, so he quickly turned it off again and sighed. A frown formed on his forehead as he looked in the mirror, his exhausted reflection looking back at him. His mouth went dry again and he groaned.

Meanwhile, Karl was sitting on the couch, just staring at the turned off TV. He couldn't really sleep as well, no real reason behind it. Well, he hasn't been sleeping that well for months now but it didn't bother him that much, probably because of the many energy drinks he has been drinking all day.

He suddenly heard the staircase creak and his head shot around to see Sapnap standing on the staircase.

"Did I wake you up?", he asked, voice quiet and soft.