chapter twenty five

The relaxing silence was utterly demolished as soon as the big house was visible. It wasn't the same house from the party a few weeks ago but still, it looked so familiar. Just another big house of a rich kid that uses the money of their parents to get more popular. Yeah, that's how it works these days.

The car was coming to halt and Karl turned his head to the side, to face Sapnap behind the steering wheel. "Why did I agree to this", he sighed. The fact that he doesn't like partys was so clear in his voice and the smaller boy really owed him something for actually coming with him to another one.

They both stepped out of the car and again, there were so many cups scattered in the foreyard. The brunet really needed to fight against the need to pick them all up and put them into a trash bin, which is literally right in front of the house. Maybe the people were all too drunk to care but Karl thinks that even if he's blackout drunk some day, he still won't throw his cup on the ground when there's literally a bin a few meters away.

"What are you thinking about?", Sapnap swung his arm around Karl's shoulders, pulling him in a little bit.

"Nothing important", the taller boy mumbled.

He didn't even know that there could be more people on a party then on the last one, but there were. Sapnap was ushering Karl towards the kitchen, through so many people that the brunet needed to be so cautious to not bump into someone. He still did. "Sorry". The girl only smiled at him, her eyes sparkling with a flirty look. Somehow, Karl blushed.

"Get that blush off of your face", the smaller boy said behind him, his mouth so close to his ear.

"How do you think this will work? Should I just wish it away?", Karl scoffed and rolled his eyes afterwards.

Suddenly, Sapnap got ahold of his small hand and pulled him into the hallway. The brunet knew where this would led and he also knew that the boy in front of him was bubbling with jealously, something that made him so intimidating, yet Karl wanted to tease him more with it. His blue eyes evade the smaller one's until he felt a hand on his warming cheek. He caved and looked up, meeting the green eyes with pitched together eyebrows.

"Thought you didn't want anyone to know yet", Karl croaks, not having the vigor to actually say anything above a whisper. Everything in his head was so quiet at that moment, everything was shut out of it. It was only him and Sapnap, standing in a dark hallway, which was only lightened with soft light. The seconds dripped like syrup and everything felt like it was going in slow motion. Even the tender movements of the smaller boy's thumb on Karl's cheek and how it drove from his cheek towards his bottom lip, how it slowly drove over it.

The brunet closed his eyes and he couldn't rein it, it was futile to actually do something against it. So he caved again and his thoughts overtook his head and all he saw was the first party he attended to in Orlando, the party where he and Sapnap had a fight. He tried to evade that thought, that picture, but it was sort of blatantly that they somehow would end up at a point like that again. But in that moment, he vanished that night out of his head, that scene that was giving Karl so much doubt about their relationship.

They were still standing in the hallway, Karl so close to Sapnap that they felt each others breaths on their lips. It was a moment like this and the brunet felt nervous again, nervous like at that day. But it wouldn't end like it, they wouldn't separate again and drown in their emotions which they couldn't show each other, couldn't show to anyone. No one really knew about them, some may have noticed like Dream and George but in the end, they are a secret. A secret that needs to be hold like a magical flower from the the bad witch. For Sapnap, Karl was his magical flower. He was the witch that could destroy the relationship so easily, so easily that he was so afraid of it and so afraid of himself.