chapter six

Sapnap pulled up in the driveway and looked up at the small house in front of him. He sighed before turning the keys and getting out of the car. He tried his best not to look that bad so his parents wouldn't find out about him smoking that night. It wasn't like they didn't know already, they did but of course, they didn't like it which was pretty confusing because his father was drunk all the time. Sapnap was a lucky guy, he never really saw his father. Actually, he just avoided him. He avoided his whole family. 

"Hey, Sap", his mother came quickly up to him.

"Morning mom", he mumbled.

He could feel his mother's stare on him and he didn't want to turn around when he placed his shoes on the shoe stand. 

"Where have you been?", she asked nicely. 

"At Dream's".

"Oh! I haven't seen Dream in a while. You can always bring friends home, you know that right?", he felt a hand on his shoulder and flinched away.

"Yeah, of course", Sapnap scoffed "they'd love to meet my abusive father, wouldn't they?".

His mother swallowed and her hand slowly slipped off of his shoulder.

Suddenly he heard someone mumbling in the kitchen. His eyes widened. Is he here? Did he hear what Sapnap said?

"Is that Sapnap?".

Yes, it was indeed his father. 

Sapnap's heart was racing so fast in his chest. He quickly took the shoes back off the stand, opened the door behind him, and ran into his car. He saw his mother trying to hold the tall man back and when Sapnap pulled out of the driveway, he saw his father staring at him with mad eyes. 

-------------------

"Tell me about them".

Karl and his mother sat on the couch, watching a boring TV show that his mother liked.

"Well, uhm you already know Quackity, right?", he asked.

"Yeah, it's the boy that lives on this street".

The brunet smiled softly. Little things, like people listening to him and remembering what he said a while ago, was always important to him and it made him happy. 

"Yes, that's him".

"And there is also Dream and George, they are...", Karl stopped talking and cleared his throat nervously.

"They are what?", his mother tilted his head.

"They are a couple", he looked up.

"Oh, sweetie. Why are you so nervous about telling me that? That's wonderful, I'm happy for them!", she said and brushed a strain of hair out of his face. 

"Sorry, I just never knew your opinion about...", he stopped again.

"About being homosexual? You don't need to be so uptight with that subject, darling. Love is love, am I right?", she smiled softly at him.

For some reason, Karl felt relief. 

He nodded and continued talking about his new friends. He did mention Sapnap, but he didn't go on that much about him. Well, what was there to say, except that he is skipping school and is smoking and drinking most of the time? He really shouldn't tell his mother things like that. 

----------------------

Sapnap was driving around for an hour now. It was 1:14 PM at that time and he somehow found himself back in the street where he saw Karl for the first time.