John Dillinger #2

***You're dating John, and you spend the night over at his house***

"How do you make such nice spaghetti bolognese?" I asked John through a mouthful of the amazing dinner he'd made.

John shrugged.

"I don't know." He replied modestly, smiling at me. "But it's your favourite, so..." He finished his sentence by slurping up his spaghetti, mirroring my bad habit, tomato sauce going on his shirt and face.

Giggling, I playfully copied him, making sure to make an extra loud slurping noise before all the spaghetti I was eating disappeared.

Both laughing at the mess we had made, we put our empty plates and cutlery down on the floor and cuddled. I pulled my legs up on the sofa and rested my head on John's chest, cuddling up as close as I could to him. Rubbing my tired eyes, I stared into the glowing fireplace, the light of the fire casting a shadow on the plates, sofa, coffee table and everything else nearby.  I smiled and giggled again, burying my face into his chest as he gently stroked my hair.

It was strangely comforting to hear the beating of his heart.

"I am I weird for saying how comforting it is to hear the beating of your heart?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Well I'd be very worried if you weren't." John smiled. "I'm just teasing." He said, giving me a hug. "It's actually really sweet."

There was a pause.

"Can we turn in for the night?" I asked, pulling out of the hug.

"Sure," John looked slightly disappointed, but he kept smiling at me still.

Picking up our plates, we went into the kitchen to wash up our plates.

"You go to bed and I'll start on the washing up." John suggested sweetly, pulling on an apron and yellow rubber gloves. "It - won't budge." He said, trying to turn the hot tap, which was stiff with grime.

"Here,"

Putting all my effort and strength in, I slowly managed to turn the grimy tap on.

"You're amazing, Y/N!" John exclaimed. "Thank you!"

I shyly pushed my hair behind my ear, smiling in an embarrassed but pleased way.

"Sure you don't want any help?" I offered. "You could get this done a lot quicker with another pair of hands." I looked at the stack of plates, bowls, cutlery, mugs etc.

"No, it's alright. You get into bed and relax."

I smiled and went upstairs.

"Will you be long?" I asked, pausing halfway up the stairs.

"Depends on the washing up." John groaned as he saw how many dirty things there were to clean.

I looked at him dissapointedly.

"I'll be as quick as I can, promise." John blew a hug and a kiss my way before turning away to clean a particularly dirty plate (probably mine).

*****

"See, I wasn't that long." Said a voice.

"Wha - ?" I sat up alarmed, looking around for the person who had spoken. "Oh, it's you." Relieved I collapsed back into my pillows. "Sorry, I guess I must've fallen asleep waiting for you."

I adjusted my nightie as I pulled the duvet back over me.

"It's all good." John replied, climbing into bed next to me. "Sorry if I gave you a fright, baby girl." He put his arm around me and kissed my cheek apologetically.

"It's ok, it's not your fault." I rested my head on his shoulder for a moment, before turning onto my side and switching the bedside light off. "Love you."

There was silence for a moment in the darkness, before John piped up.

"I can't go to sleep, Y/N, I want a bedtime story." John switched on his light and sat up, obviously waiting for me to read him a story.

I could tell he was joking and it was funny, but I just really wanted to go to sleep.
I made a hissing noise like a vampire as the brightness of his lamp blinded me for a second.

"Okay," I sighed, sitting up. "The end." I turned over and went to sleep, pulling my pillow over my head.

I heard the 'click' of John's lamp as I lay still in the darkness.
John grunted as he lay down and shuffled under the stripy duvet. There was a bit of rustling as he turned onto his side.
There was finally silence.

"Love you," He whispered, putting his face next to mine, before turning back over.

"You too." I smiled, closing my eyes and settling down to sleep.

***Probably sucks, but I hope you enjoyed this imagine. Sorry I haven't posted for a while. Stay safe, bye 👋 😘***