Jack Sparrow #2: part 2

Me, Will and Elizabeth went to the crew cabin.
Elizabeth and I sat down, whilst Will went to get the board, cups and dice.

"Ever played liars dice?" I asked Elizabeth, as I watched a beetle scuttle across the floor and into a barrel of... actually, I don't even know what was in there. But whatever.

"No. How'd you play?"

"Well, each player has a set of dice, all players roll once, and the bids relate to the dice each player can see (their hand) plus all the concealed dice (the other players' hands). In "common hand" games, there is one set of dice which is passed from player to player. The bids relate to the dice as they are in front of the bidder after selected dice have been re-rolled. And if you think someone's lying, you call them out. If you're lying and get called out, then you lose a dice. Whoever has the most dice left wins."

Elizabeth looked at me blankly.

"Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it," I said, letting out a soft laugh.

Elizabeth laughed as well.

"You know something Y/N?" Asked Elizabeth, looking at me seriously.

"What?"

"Like, I know Jack's been bugging you with his annoying flirting habit, but if I'm quite honest...
Do you want an honest answer or a right out lie?" She asked.

"Um..." I considered for a moment. "... truth?"

"Ok. Well, honestly, not only do you talk like Jack, you sound like him too."

I looked at her shocked. "I hope you're joking," I said.

"I'm not. Anyway, I just thought I should tell you."

"Thanks," I muttered.

"Hey, girls, what were you talking about?" Asked Will, his arms laden with a board, cups and dice.

"Oh Y/N was just explaining to me about how to play liars dice." Elizabeth smiled, taking the board and passing me my cup and two dice.

"Awesome. I'm not going to lie Elizabeth, it's pretty easy after you get into the swing of it." Said Will sitting cross-legged next to me.

"What, 10 years?" Asked Elizabeth jokingly.

We all laughed loudly at her joke. I clutched my side, as I laughed, our laughter ringing through the cabin.

Once our laughter had passed, we started to play.

"I must warn you both, I've played before and I'm pretty good." Warned Will.

"Same," I replied truthfully, polishing my dirty dice with my sleeve.

"Good to know. Well, I can't wait to see you both play. What do you each wager? I wager 10 silver pieces." Said Will, putting his money down on the board.

"I wager 8." I fished through my pockets until I found the money; placing it next to Will's.

"I wager...9." Said Elizabeth uncertainly, putting her money down on the board.

"5'6." Declared Will, as we started to play.

"3,8," I answered.

"2'5." Said Elizabeth, going slightly pink.

"Liar." Will and I called.

Elizabeth sighed deeply and removed a dice. "How'd you know?"

"This is quite funny, but apart from going pink when you lie, your nose twitches."

We all laughed again.

"I don't feel it though." Laughed Elizabeth, wiping away tears.

"Well, sometimes your body does some things subconsciously - like when you lie. Ahem."

"How'd you know so much?" Asked Will curiously, looking at me as though I was some sort of walking talking breathing Wikipedia.

"I read stuff," I replied, twiddling with my thumbs nervously.

"Well, can you lend me some of those books?" Asked Will, preparing to play another round.

"Sure." 

We all continued playing until it was just me and Will playing our final round.

"5'5." Stated Will.

"6'4," I said.

"Liar!" Called out someone from behind me.

"Bugger," I muttered under my breath. It was Jack AGAIN.

"Told you so." Whispered Elizabeth.

"Shit!" Muttered Will, passing me the money.

"Jack! I could've easily done that myself." I said crossly as I stuffed the money into a small little pouch I had.

"Yes, but you're too pretty to lose." He grinned, perching himself on an upturned crate, a small twinkle in his eyes.

I scoffed. "You play then!" I muttered a curse word as I stalked out and to the helm of the ship. Taking a deep breath, I leant on the rail and stared at the horizon, the beautiful dark blue ocean, which glittered magically in the moonlight.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked, as Jack came and stood next to me.

"Well, you know how I've been flirting with you for ages now?" He said.

"Yes. Not that your constant attention to me has not gone unnoticed." I chuckled.

We both laughed.

I seemed to have done a lot of that today.

"Well...it was flirting, to begin with, but now I'm actually in love with you..." Said Jack flushing, avoiding eye contact with me.

I was in shock. Jack was in love with me? I began to join the dots for myself when I remembered all those times spent Jack had spent with me. He would always fool around and be silly and protect me when someone tried to me. I instantly regretted being so horrible to him. 'What an asshole I've been' I thought when I remembered how I'd told Jack to 'get stuffed' and turned my back on him when he tried to talk to me. And that was only today!

"I'm sorry Jack." I apologised. "I'm sorry that I was-"

"A meanie?" Jack interrupted.

"Okay, yes," I admitted laughing a bit. "I'm sorry I was a meanie."

"And a douche?"

"Yes, I guess I was a douche."

"And a turnip head?"

"Don't push it," I growled.

"Alright alright. I won't push it." Jack replied sloppily, rolling his eyes before pouting like the diva he was.

I smiled to myself.

"Jack?" I asked, watching the ocean shimmering like diamonds in the moon.

"Yes?"

"Do you mean it? Are your feelings for me really real?"

"Of course they are."

I turned round to say something when Elizabeth called my name.

"Come on Y/N, let's play a game or something together!" Called Elizabeth, making a 'come on' gesture to me.

"Um... I'm sorry Jack, Elizabeth wants to play a game with me." I turned back to look at Elizabeth, but then I turned towards Jack. "I...errr...I'm sorry!" I shouted making a pitying face, as Elizabeth ran up to me and yanked me into the cabin by the arm, repeating the same thing over and over again: "Come on, come on, come on!"

Jesus, did this girl have a grip.

"Oh, ok," Jack shouted back disappointedly, as I was dragged into the cabin and away from his view.

**** I hope this was ok. It always brightens my day when you all enjoy my stories. Um.. yeah... Well cya soon.**********