Ichabod Crane #1

"Please let me come with you!" I begged my detective boyfriend Ichabod Crane, as I ran down the stairs after him.

"No Y/N, it's too dangerous." Said Ichabod firmly, taking his coat off the wooden coat stand and putting it on.

"Why?! I could help." I argued, leaning against the wall and pushing back my H/C hair with frustration.

"Yes, but..." Ichabod stopped, his back turned to me.

"But what?" I asked lowering my voice. "Ichabod?" I touched his arm gently.

"What if the headless horseman was to catch you? What then?" Ichabod turned round to face me, tears streaming down his pale face and onto his long charcoal black coat.

"Oh don't cry." I said, wiping his tears away with a tissue. "But, so what if the horseman guy caught me? I don't care."

"I care. You're the only person who really cares about me. Y/N, you bring so much light, love and laughter to my life. Without you I'd be nothing. Absolutely nothing." Ichabod smiled sadly at me, tears streaming down his face.

I returned his smile. "I'd be nothing without you either." I replied, hugging him.

"I'd be like this book." Ichabod continued, walking over to one of massive bookcases in the house, wiping his tears as he walked.
Standing on his tiptoes, he reached up and pulled a thick dusty novel off of the top shelf.
He coughed violently as he inhaled the dust that rose off the books' cover.
Showing me the thick red hardback, he continued.
"Without you, I'd be like this book." Ichabod repeated. "Lonely, unloved and collecting dust." He sighed, still wheezing as he put the book back on the shelf.

Kinda weird comparison, but I could definitely see where he was coming from.

"Anyway, I better get going before the headless horseman claims anymore victims." Ichabod said walking towards the door.
"I'll see you later."

"Alright, are you sure you'll be ok? Cause what if the headless horseman gets you?" I asked anxiously, running my hand through my hair again.

"Oh come here you." Smiled Ichabod, pulling me towards him, giving me a kiss and a massive hug.
"I'll be absolutely fine sweetheart. I promise you."

"Honestly?"
I hugged Ichabod as though he was going to turn to dust or drop dead in mere seconds.

"Honestly. And if I don't, then I can thank the lord that I got to kiss the most beautifulist and specialist girl in the world."

I giggled. I loved it when Ichabod started talking cute. It was absolutely adorable.

"Besides, if the headless horseman does catch me, and I do die, then I hope it's heroically." Then Ichabod grinned. "If not, I can do something cool instead."

"What?"

I had no idea what Ichabod was going to say, but I was curious to find out.

"I could pick up a huge long stick and knock the horseman's head off so hard, that it'd fly a mile away and end up in France or something."

I laughed. Ichabod seemed to have forgotten that the headless horseman was headless for a reason.
"You do make me laugh Ichabod. You seem to have forgotten that the headless horseman is headless for a reason."

"Oh yeah right, I forgot about that. Still, there's nothing wrong with dreaming." Ichabod grinned.
"I'm going now, so see you later alligator."

Ichabod put his hand on the brass doorknob to go, but hesitated.
"Y/N?" He asked.

"Yes?"

"I'm frightened of trying to solve the cases, especially with the headless horseman around. Would you...come with me?"
Just Ichabod talking about the headless horseman made him tremble horribly.

"Yes. I will come with you Ichabod. And I hope you know that whatever happens, I will be right by your side." I said, putting my hand on his.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go and crack some cases." Ichabod smiled, taking my hand - before I had a chance to slip my coat on- and quickly leading me towards the horse that we would ride to Sleepy Hollow.

***I hope you enjoyed this story. I did finish it at 2:01 am, so yeah. Anyway, stay safe 😘😘😘******************************