Crybaby #1

****How you and Crybaby met****

The music was blaring and everyone was dancing along.
Everyone was dancing except me.

I'm not much of a dancer, mainly cause I can't dance. I do, however, play the guitar and piano, the problem is, nobody knows.

Anyway, I'm currently sitting right at the back of the Jukebox Jamboree in Turkey Point, where no one can see me; my arms crossed, my E/C eyes staring outside, my H/C hair falling in front of my eyes.
I know I'm a drape and a drape should enjoy a good Jukebox Jamboree, but I'm just not in the mood, I don't know why I even bothered to come.

Then I heard Ramona Ricketts, (she was in charge of tonight's Jamboree), announce the band to play now.

"Hey, hey, hey! Dig it, all you hep
cats and cool chicks. You know me: Ramona Ricketts!"

The audience cheered loudly, even I applauded, I was trying to be polite at the very least, even though I wasn't paying any attention.

"Now let me introduce to you the Cry-Baby combo: Milton, Pepper, Wanda, Hatchet-Face."

There were more cheers from everybody.

"And now, the worst baby of them all, the man you came here for, the big boo-hoo, the terrible teardrop, ladies and gentlemen, my grandson, Cry-Baby!"

There was an ear-splitting cheer at these words. I looked up to see Ramona walk off the stage and her grandson Crybaby walk on.

Wow!

When I glimpsed him my heart missed a beat.
Crybaby was so good looking. He was wearing a white and black coat, black trousers, a white shirt and tie and black shoes. He had extremely dark brown hair; one strand falling over his deep brown eyes.

But my heart sank when I saw my cousin Alison walk on with him, hand in hand. Ugggghhh, she always got attention.

Grrrrrrrrrr...
(Oh my god, did I just growl?)

Crybaby tuned his guitar before he started to play, the band (taking their qué from him) started to play too.
Then, he started to sing.
I was soon immediately under his spell, he had such an amazing voice.

Wow!

Honestly, when I sang I sounded like a strangled cat, so hearing his singing voice was really lovely to hear.

After the song was over, I watched him walk off the stage and walk over to.... me?!

He was walking over to me.

"Hi beautiful, what are you doing back here by yourself? It's the Jukebox Jamboree, you should be enjoying yourself, up and dancing." Crybaby said to me.

"Oh...I don't dance." I replied, my gaze drifting from his kind face and to his patent black feet. I tended to look at people's feet when I was nervous or embarrassed.

"...I'm Crybaby by the way. What's your name?" He asked suddenly, holding out his hand to shake mine.

"Nice to meet you Crybaby, I'm Y/N," I said politely.

"The pleasure's all mine. And, you know something Y/N, everybody can dance. you've just got to embrace it." Said Crybaby kindly, kneeling to face me.

"Not me," I mumbled toy knees.

"Come on, let's have a walk." He suggested, standing up, his brown eyes twinkling.

I smiled and walked with him.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Alison looking at me enviously, watching me like a hawk from across the well-lit room. I stuck my tongue out at her as Crybaby lead me outside.

"So what's the matter Y/N?" Crybaby asked, holding my hand as we walked away from the noisy jamboree and stepped onto the wet grass, the night breeze whipping our faces.

"Nothing," I replied in a slightly sad voice.

"There is." He led me towards a broken wooden bench and we sat down, a bright full moon shining like a lamp, lighting up the.

" no there isn't." I lied. " I just think I just need a hug at the moment."

"Well babe, I can provide those." Crybaby smiled, pulling me close and wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

I giggled when he called me 'babe', cause who's not going to giggle at that?

We sat on the bench in silence for a while, the moon shining down on us like a torch.

"How about a dance, Y/N?" Crybaby offered, taking his arm from around my shoulder and offering me his hand.

"I told you, I don't dance," I said crossing my legs and looking at him.

"Just one. For me. Please." He pleaded to give me sad puppy dog eyes, a single teardrop falling from his left eye.

I couldn't say no to those puppy dog eyes, or that one tear that drove me internally crazy.

"Alright fine." I sighed.

"Great." He grinned. And with that he grabbed me and pulled me up by the wrists, letting go of me before I spun into his arms.

"I always knew we'd meet again." He smirked, as I laughed and stood up, my heels beginning to dig into the grass.

"Well, you got your wish."

Then, as though on qué, my favourite song began to play (Tutti Frutti by Little Richard.)
"Oh, I love this track." I beamed.

"Well, that should make it all the easier, doll." He said, starting to dance.

I dragged my feet slowly about, hoping that some miracle would descend upon me and turn me into a good dancer. Well, an improvement would do.

"Oh come on, Y/N. Give it a go." Crybaby urged me.

"I am. My feet are moving, but the rest of me doesn't seem to want to cooperate."

He laughed.

"Just follow my lead."

So that's what I did.

Soon, we were both dancing along to the music, my hair whirling around my shoulders and neck.

I looked over Crybaby's shoulder and saw that Alison was watching us again. Ugh. Doesn't that girl ever stop watching us? We weren't some exhibit in a zoo if you don't mind me saying.

"And you told me you can't dance." Crybaby grinned when the song had ended.

"I can't."

"Well, what was that?"

"Okay, it was dancing," I admitted defeatedly.

"I told you anyone can dance."

"Hmh."

"Now come on," He said, putting an arm around my waist, "Let's get back to the Jamboree and see what else is happening."

I nodded in agreement and went with Crybaby back to the Jamboree, hoping that we hadn't missed too much fun.

*********Hope you enjoyed this Crybaby short story. I love the film btw.************