Edward Scissorhands #1

***You're stuck in a storm, so you seek refuge in a nearby castle*************************

Storms, I loved them.

But when I was stuck in them...well that was a completely different matter.
And I needed to get out of this particular storm as quick as possible.

~ 5 minutes earlier ~

I'd been taking a peaceful walk in the sunshine, the warm, bright corn coloured rays shining down on my tanned arms. That's when mother nature decided it was the perfect time for a long, cold deluge.

Great.

The sun disappeared and huge dark columboius clouds domineered the sky. A strong wind then began. It whipped my hair round my face and neck and sent goosebumps up my arms and back.
The rain then made an appearance. It came down in buckets and peirced my skin; like glass was being pressed into my body.

"It can't get any worse." I moaned, my hair sticking itself flat to my face.

Me and my big mouth.

Suddenly, the low rumble of thunder came from overhead. The dark sky was then lit up by a flash of lightning in the distance.

~ Back to present moment ~

As the rain, thunder, wind and lighting continued, I began to wish I had just stayed put at home and read the new book I'd had for Christmas.
Trudging through the streets of California, I felt like my body was beginning to numb. That wasn't surprising since I wasn't wearing a coat and hadn't taken an umbrella with me 'just in case.'

'It's your own fault.' I thought, as a crisp packet flew through the air and hit me in the back of the head. Brushing the packet gently off of me, it released itself from my hair and continued to fly down the street.
'If you'd been sensible and bought a coat and umbrella along, then you wouldn't be in this mess.'

Then just as my insides started to freeze, I spotted a spooky looking castle not far ahead of me.
It was said to be haunted, or something silly.

But despite my subconscious nagging at me not to go and seek refuge there, I decided to anyway. I was reckless like that.

Running as fast as my legs could carry me, I arrived at the castle in what must have been record time.

'It looks much bigger up close.' I thought to myself, as the building loomed over me menacingly.
Not bothering to observe my surroundings, I ran straight to the front doors.

Placing my hand on the door knocker, I started to push the door open, but I closed it again in hesitation.
I'll admit, I was nervous about going inside, but I became even more so when I felt a strange sensation... almost as if someone was watching me.
Staring around I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, but when I looked up, I saw something bone chilling at one of east wing windows.
'Oh my god!' I thought averting my eyes. 'This place really is haunted. The rumours are true!'

'Pull yourself together Y/N, the castle isn't haunted. It could have been a fluffy kitten for all you know.' Said my subconscious.

'No, it was definitely a person. A kitten wouldn't be that big.' I told myself.

'Ok, a big fluffy kitten the size of a person...actually, that'd be scary. Anyway go inside, unless you're thinking of drowning yourself to death.' Argued my subconscious.

After arguing and contemplating with myself for a few minutes, I finally worked up the courage to go inside.
Pushing open the heavy oak door, I stepped into the... coldness?
It was colder in here than outside.

Rubbing my arms to get warm, I noticed a flight of steps in front of me.
Ah what the heck, today couldn't get any more worse than it had (if that was possible.)

Climbing up the stairs, I eagerly ran all the way up to what I supposed was the attic.
When I got to the 'attic', it was just like I expected. Deserted.
Something then started to move towards me out of the shadows.

Not letting fear get the best of me, I started to speak.
"It's ok, I won't hurt you." I told the figure gently.

The figure then stepped forward into the light and then I saw...him?
He had messy black hair, was wearing all black clothes and had what looked like knives in his hands.

"I better go." I said, turning round to leave, thinking he might try and hurt me.

"Don't go." He said softly, walking towards me.

"Umm...ok. I'll stay here if you'd like me to." I said hesitantly. Then I had a thought.
"...Do you live here all on your own? What about your parents, where are they?"

"He didn't wake up." He said sadly, looking into my eyes.

"I'm sorry for your loss." I said, going to take his hand, but realising he was still holding his knives.
"Can you put them down? Wait...are those your hands?"

He wasn't holding knives after all. His hands literally were knives...no... scissors.

"I'm not finished." He replied, holding up his scissorhands for me to see.

I jumped back a bit in slight terror.

Staring at eachother in awkward silence, we observed one another in the most discrete way as possible.
"So..." Said Scissorhands starting to speak. "What's your name?"

"Y/N L/N. What's your name?" I replied, beggining to smile.

"Edward." Edward said, returning the smile.

"So Edward - "

Our conversation lasted for about an hour, before I realised the rain had cleared and it was time for me to go home.

"Edward, it has been so lovely to talk and meet you, but I'm afraid I have to go home now." I said, my heart sinking at the sound of my own words.

"Oh." He said, looking crestfallen.

"You know... I'll come back here to visit you. I mean, if it's ok with you."

"Yes please. I'd like that." Edward smiled, his eyes lighting up with happiness.

"Great, I'll see you tommorrow. Bye Edward." I walked towards him, moved his arms gently out the way and hugged him.

I felt his arms slowly came around me, but he tried not to touch with his scissorhands, probably in fear of hurting me.

After we pulled away from our embrace, we said our goodbyes once more. Turning on my heel, I went home, a huge fat smile plastered across my face.

***Sorry if this isn't very good, I finished this at one this morning. But, I hope you enjoyed. Stay safe 😘