Ichabod Crane #2

Shout out to Billiam_Hader_fan08
Happy Birthday!🎂🎉🎊🎈 Have an amazing day, I hope all your wishes come true.

Oh, and thank you for this request.

It was quite a reasonable day today in Sleepy Hollow, so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to have a walk.
I got up, washed, dressed, ate and pulled open the front door. I'd only walked ten steps when my parents called my name.

"Hey Y/N, where are you going?" Called my parents, who were busy cleaning out the horse troughs, as I stepped out of the house.

"The Dark Forest." I replied nonchalantly, trying to fasten my cloak, which I was having trouble with.

There was silence. *Splash* was all that you could hear as the sponges that my mother and father were using to clean fell into the buckets that were full of warm soapy suds.
"You're not serious are Y/N?" Asked my dad, his stern brown eyes fixed upon me.

"Yes..." I didn't get what was up with them. It was only one small walk.

"There's a Headless Horseman going around the village decapitating people Y/N, you're not so stupid as to go wandering off where you can easily fall victim to him. Besides, he's probably galloping somewhere in the forest right now, just waiting, waiting, waiting for someone like you to go wandering in." Said my mum looking towards the direction of the forest. She let an eerie silence pass, before turning back, and dipping her hand into the warm soapy water, as she retrieved the sponge.

I turned round and stared in the direction mum had been looking in. I gazed and watched the trees sway slightly in the wind, the dark forest lingering menacingly in the background, as though it was going to take over the village in several seconds. It couldn't of course, it was just a forest.

I turned back and glanced over at my parents, who were busying themselves with the horses again. There didn't seem to be anything more to say, so I just slipped away, ignoring their warning.
The Headless Horseman was just a silly little rumor that someone had made up, which was supposed to scare people. It definitely worked. Everyone (except me) was absolutely scared stiff of the horseman, afraid that they would encounter him and come to a literal bloody end.

Ha! No way was the Headless Horseman legit.

No one was really around as I walked, so it was fairly peaceful. It was nice, because I hated it when it was so busy. I don't know why, I just did.
Anyway, the villagers would all be busy, which meant that no one would be around to poke their long Pinoccio noses into my business and/or bother m-

"Hey Y/N, where are you going?" One of the villagers, named Mary shouted out to me from across the street, a laundry basket in her arms.

Side note: It was a fairly small village, which basically meant that everyone knew everyone else. *Sigh*

"A walk!" I yelled back.

"Where?!"

I didn't feel like discussing it, mostly cause I didn't need people knowing my business, so I just pretended that I hadn't heard her and walked on.

"You shouldn't be walking out alone, unless you want to be beheaded by the headless horseman!"

"I should be so lucky." I muttered, continuing to walk towards the forest.

******************************

Fifteen minutes later, I was standing on the edge of the Dark Forest. It was much bigger up close...
I peered down the entrance way, only to see darkness and a path that seemed to stretch on forever. That was the moment when I started questioning if this was actually a good idea.