Mort #1

I was really excited tonight, my boyfriend Ben had invited me over to his house for a date.
It was going to be the first time I'd ever been to his house, so yeah.

After getting dressed up, brushing my hair and teeth and doing my makeup, I locked the front door and strolled down the street.
My boyfriend's house was only ten minutes away, so I could take my time.

Upon arrival, I noticed something odd. In the driveway, a Ford Fiesta was parked. Ben didn't own a Ford Fiesta, he owned a Mazda.
So, who's car was this?

Walking slowly up to the house and looking through the window, a horrific sight met my eyes.
There in the living room, was my boyfriend making out with another girl, who was laying on the sofa, her hands practically all over him.
My blood boiled, I couldn't believe this. I just wanted to cry, but I knew I had to be stronger than that.
You know what...

Drawing my gaze away from the window, I walked onto the porch and knocked on the door.
"Who is that?" I heard my boyfriend say on the other side of the door. "Stay here babe, I'll get the door and then I'm all yours."

I almost gagged and waited for Ben to open the door.
When the door opened, Ben looked at me slightly annoyed and shocked.
"You fucking lying piece of scum!" I shouted, slapping him round the face.

"What the? Y/N, what the hell did you do that for?" He asked, rubbing his red cheek.

"We were supposed to be having our date night, but it looks like you already have plans."

"I do have plans...with you. There's no one else here." He said loudly and nervously.

"Oh, so you have got a lady friend then? Well you can tell the little bitch that's she's welcome to you, because we're breaking up." I hissed.

Ben scoffed. "You're not serious."

"Oh yeah? Watch me." And with that, I stalked away and out of sight of the house.

I didn't go back home, well I wasn't going to go back just yet, I just walked until I came across a pub/bar called 'Home sweet home.'
It looked like quite a friendly lil joint, so I opened the door and walked inside.

"One coke please," I told the bartender, as I sat down at the bar. Pulling out my purse and paying the guy, I began to drink.

Several minutes later, a guy with glasses and thick, wavy, golden blonde hair came up to me and sat down trying to flirt.
"Hey, it's handy that I have my library card because I'm totally checking you out."

I cringed. Was this dude seriously trying to pull some cheesy pick up line on me? Cause honey, that's not gonna work.

I took a sip of my coke, before turning to him and saying: "Not to be rude, but this is a pub, not a library, so you might want to try checking out somewhere else instead. Sorry man."

Some blokes, who were sat behind us at tables playing a game of cards, laughed loudly at the blonde-haired man.
"Oh shut up," I told them.

They went quiet and turned back to their game of cards.

The blonde man now looked genuinely confused, giving me a queer look.
I laughed again and put down my glass.
"I'm just joking around, I'm Y/N L/N, it's nice to meet you," I smiled, shaking his hand.

The man now laughed too, showing off his pearly white teeth. "Nice to meet you too Y/N, I'm Mort, Mort Rainey." He shook my hand back and started talking to me.

During our conversation, I couldn't help but think how nice he was and how beautiful his eyes were.

Once it had started to get towards eight o'clock, I realised it was time for me to go.
"It's been really lovely to meet you Mort, but it's getting late and I'm afraid I have to go," I said, putting my coat on.

"Really?" Asked Mort, his face falling.

"Yeah."

"Well, can we at least exchange phone numbers?"

"Of course."

Mort's face immediately brightened as we began to exchange numbers.
He too then put on his coat, as we walked out of the pub together and into the pouring rain.

"I'd love to walk you home, but I gotta get back and get some stuff done." He said sadly, rain dripping off his hair, thunder rumbling deeply in the sky.
"It was great to meet you, we'll see each other soon. Bye." He waved before putting his hands in his pockets and starting to walk away.

"Okay, I'll see you soon...sometime..." I called, before walking in the opposite direction and going home.

****Wow, it actually was a short-short story this time and not longer. Hope you enjoyed and please request if you have any ideas, so yeah.
Stay safe 😘*******************