Gellert Grindelwald #1

**Harry Potter theme tune above. Enjoy😘***

"Come on Y/N, it's lovely and warm in here. You should feel how nice the water is." Said my best friend, who was having a good swim in the lake.

I wasn't fairly keen on swimming myself, but somehow I'd managed to be convinced into her little charade with the promise of a bar of my favourite chocolate. Anyway, I was now standing at the edge of a gigantic lake in my swimsuit, in the middle of autumn, with a towel wrapped around my shoulders.

"Don't worry, it's fine, nothing is going to bite you. That is with the exception of a really aggressive fish or Jaws. But I doubt he's swimming around here, the water is way too shallow, right?"

Now that really gave me anxiety. I mean, I didn't exactly fancy being pulled under the surface by a man-eating shark, would you?

Instead of answering the question, I just shouted back the most absurd thing that came to mind: "How do you know Jaws is a guy?"

Rolling her eyes at my question, she began to swim out further. Starting to feel subconscious standing here only in my swimsuit, I dropped my towel and started to wade into the lake. Oh my good god, it was absolutely freezing! 'Oh stop being such a baby Y/N and just swim. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming.' I thought to myself as I swam out further to join my bestie. "Hang on BF/N wait for me!"

"I can't do much else can I?"

******************************

We'd only been in the water for about ten minutes when we suddenly felt a cold gust of air. Brrr... I rubbed my arms trying to keep warm. "Is it just me, or is the lake getting colder?" I asked.

"You're always cold Y/N."

"Wait, hang on, do you see those black things in the sky?"

"Where?" She looked up and into the distance. "Very funny," She said, not being able to see what I was describing.

"It's not a joke, look where I'm pointing."

The black things in the sky now seemed to be coming towards us. As they did so, dark steely grey clouds started to appear, and the lake started to freeze over.

"Let's get out of here!" I shouted, BF/N following me, clearly even more panicked than me.

We both quickly swam towards the shore and dried ourselves off. Once Bf/N had dried herself and pulled on her trainers she instantly did a runner, leaving me behind.

"Wait!!!!" I called, trying to run after her as I pulled on my right shoe. "I can't keep up." But she couldn't hear me, she was long gone. "Some best friend" I muttered. When I finally got my shoe on, the black and hooded things weren't far behind me. 'Oh lord please help me!' I prayed as I dashed across the pebbly shore and towards the path where we'd originally entered by. "Aargh!" I yelped as I tripped over a stray plastic bottle. "Owww..." Rolling over I suddenly found myself faced with the most hideous face that had ever graced the planet. Except there wasn't any face to see. And if there was, it was concealed beneath a grey cloak that was as dark as a thunder cloud. The only feature that was visible was a mouth that slowly opened and began to breathe in, it's breath rattling. I felt a bone-chilling cold creep up my spine as it continued doing whatever it was doing. It was unlike any other sensation I'd experienced. Just as darkness started to wash over me, a tall blurry figure emerged from out of nowhere. "Expecto patronum!" They yelled. "Expecto patronum!!!!" The last thing I can remember is a blinding flash of white light and then nothing.

******************************

I don't know how long I was out, but I assume a couple of hours because by the time I awoke it was already dark.