Quarantined: part 3

****Alright, last part. Sorry if it's lacking in description.
Enjoy 😘 *********************

Jack ended up giving in and gave back one of the bottles, which he was reluctant to do. He helped out with the cooking though, along with John, Glen and Edward. Glen gave up halfway through when he couldn't grate a carrot that was meant for the salad we were all going to eat. "Fuck this." He said. "I can't do it." He stalked off into the bathroom and slammed the door shut. Odd place to vent, but whatever.

Anyway, whilst I was cooking sausages, I bought up the subject of that girl at the supermarket, the one who was yelling at Jack. "I don't know why you even bothered talking to that psycho," I told Jack. "all she did was shriek and act like she was being refused candy."

"Well, I thought she was nice." Replied Jack, who was chopping tomatoes. "Yes she was screaming at me but I liked her."

"You have an odd taste in women," I muttered.

"I'd call it unique, actually." Corrected Jack.

"You can call it whatever you want, cause it don't matter to me, but it's still kinda weird. Personally, I wouldn't want my partner shrieking at me at the top of their lungs, but, you do you.
One other thing. Why do you go for women who either are cheating on you, lie about being pregnant, or are wanting to kill you?"

Jack looked thoughtful for a moment. "I don't know really." He replied after several seconds had passed. "And if you're referring to Angelica, then I still like her."

I hadn't heard much about Angelica, but from what I had gathered I thought she was a bit crazy. She sounded perfect for Jack.

I smirked and rolled my eyes.

"What?" Asked Jack, seeing my eye roll.

"Nothing, nothing." I turned quickly away to focus on my task.

"Hmm. Oww!" He suddenly yelped.

I jumped and spun around. The knife Jack had been using was covered in blood. So was the counter and Jack himself. I looked down at Jack's left hand, only to see a cut on his index finger. The cut didn't look particularly deep, but it was looking really nasty.

"Bloody hell Jack!" I said blood pouring from his finger.
Shooing him away, he went into the bathroom to nurse his injured finger, leaving a dripping trail of blood over the floor. "John, can you Edward and Sweeney, or whoever, take care of the lunch whilst I help Jack?"

"Sure."

"Thanks." I yanked off my apron and put it on Sweeney, who happened to be walking towards the kitchen. "Thanks, Sweeney." I flashed him a thankful smile, before following Jack into the bathroom.

Closing the door behind me, I heard John howling with laughter. He was more likely than not laughing at the apron Sweeney was now wearing.

"Jack, do you need help? Or have you got it under control?"

"I need a bit of help."

Jack was sat on the toilet, nursing his injured finger which was still bleeding. There was a bottle of antiseptic next to him, but he didn't seem to have got that far.

Avoiding the blood on the floor, I tiptoed towards Jack. "Come on then." Unscrewing the antiseptic and grabbing a cotton wool ball, I carefully cleaned the wound.

Jack hissed with pain.
"Do you think I'll need to go to the hospital?"

I smiled. "No. It's not that serious. If you're finger was just hanging off on a piece of skin, then yes, we'd take you to the hospital."