Sweeney Todd #1

******A short Sweeney Todd fanfiction story. Enjoy 😘*****

The sky was dark and thundery, and menacing clouds moved quickly over the big city of London.

You hurried through the dingy, low lit streets, the fire in the lanterns beginning to die down in the tall black lampposts.

Your shawl was pulled over your head and wrapped around your shoulders, as you held the loose cotton material to your chest.

Your long H/C hair was tangled, slightly greasy and messy, as it hung loosely just below your shoulders. A piece of hair covered your pale E/C eyes, making it hard for you to see, especially as it had started raining hard.

You shivered, as the rain-drenched you and pierced your skin, going right through your clothes.

Your long, frumpy dark pink dress trailed the ground, the hems of your dress, muddy and dirty.
Your shoes were even worse, however. Once pearly white heeled boots were now dark wood brown and smeared with thick gloopy mud. The mud seemed to be hardening, making it hard for you to walk, so you were almost stiffly waddling like a penguin.

You needed to find somewhere to stay for the night, otherwise, you might risk dying of pneumonia. You weren't ready for that quite yet.

You passed the docks, stopped and peered around, trying to see if there was any open shop.
No luck so far.

You saw a shop called "Mrs Lovett's Meat Pies", which you waddled over too, the shop door seemed to be locked.

Then you spotted some grey stone stairs, you didn't care where they went, just so long as they took you to somewhere which would keep you away from the harsh wind, cold and rain.

You climbed the steps, despite not knowing where they would take you.
When you got to the top of the steps, there was a black wooden door. You wondered whether to go in or knock.
Hesitantly, you reached for the dirty golden doorknob. As your fingertips touched the knob you pulled away.
After taking a deep breath and reassuring yourself, you opened the door and went inside.

The room was dark and quite bare. The floor was wooden and completely bare.
There was a barbers chair in the middle of the room, a table with a photograph, a small box and a couple of candles that were burning.
In a corner, there was a wardrobe with a cracked mirror. A tray with a steaming bowl of soup, a pie and a glass of brown stuff that hadn't been touched. And finally, a big window with no curtains overlooked the big, dark rainy city of London.

To say the least, you found the room very eerie and too silent for your liking. This place gave you the creeps; it sent shivers up your spine.

You gazed around and found yourself drawn to the photograph on the table.

You picked up the photo and scanned it. In the picture was a smiling and very beautiful lady. She was cradling a pretty baby girl, who appeared to be her daughter.

The person who lived here had a family, the family you'd never had, the family you desperately wished for.

You felt yourself tear up, with unhappiness. You put the picture carefully down and slumped to the floor.

Drawing your knees up to your head, you began to cry.
Apart from the obvious, you were feeling so depressed.

Your family had kicked you out and the evil Judge Turpin had found you and taken you in. He was constantly trying to seduce you whenever he got the chance, which was far too often for your liking.
You'd been trapped inside Turpin's house for almost a month and only tonight had you got the chance to escape and run away without anyone knowing. You never wanted to go back there ever again.