John Dillinger #3

***You're both playing a game and joking around***

I stared hard at the Scrabble board and then back at the seven letters I had, hoping that all the letters would all magically arrange themselves into a word.
What word could I make out of  j t h d l a m? I wondered. Then: Who the hell invented this game? It's like waiting for a ready meal to cook even though you've forgotten to put it in the microwave.

I sighed and looked up at the ceiling, willing the 'word' to suddenly come to me. I listened to the pitter patter of rain on the windows as I patiently waited and waited for it to hit me like an immense sugar rush.

Alas, nothing came to mind.

I looked at John, who was sat opposite me, patiently waiting for me to finish my turn.

Then I smiled.

"Malt." I then declared after some head achinhly painful pondering, putting the four letters down on the board. I smiled, pleased with myself. I know it should have been quite obvious, but I sometimes have my airhead moments.
"Sorry for taking so long." I apologised, looking John straight in his beautiful brown eyes. I blushed at how lost I was getting in them that I quickly broke eye contact.

Ok, can you keep a secret?

Yes?

Good.

Alright.

Come closer. Closer. Not too close, back off a bit. Okay, that's good.

Okay, I actually considered kissing John for a moment. I don't know why, but I had this urge. It would've been awkward though, so I didn't act on it.

"It's alright." John smiled, showing off his straight white teeth. He pushed back his gel haired slightly as he too now tried to think of a word to add to the board out of the letters he had. "Right," He said after some silence. "I got my word."

As we continued playing Scrabble, we started making jokes, some of them crude and others just plain stupid and weird. John made the rude jokes, mostly because I couldn't think of any and because that's his favourite kind of humour. I honestly don't know why, but  they were pretty hilarious, even though I didn't understand them. I tried very hard to make a few naughty jokes, but they didn't make any sense. It didn't stop John and I laughing are asses off though at my stupid jokes. Stupid jokes are probably the best jokes because, well, I already explained it.
Anyways, my parents would have tried to break up our friendship if they'd heard the jokes John had made during the board game we'd been playing for almost half an hour.

I wiped my tears away (not sad ones, happy ones) at the joke I'd just been told. I had slide out of my chair and was now curled up on the living room carpet, completely dying of laughter. I clutched at the stitches in my side and rolled onto my back.

John lay next to me and laughed as well at his joke.

I stopped giggling and sniffed. We then looked at each other, before breaking out into laughter again. I put my head on his shoulder and giggled like there was going to be no tomorrow. His shirt rubbed against my face as I continued giggling.

When I'd stopped, I rolled back onto my back and sat up, wiping my tears on the sleeve of my pink and white stripy jumper.

"Oh, yeeah." I said, grinning like the cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland.

I breathed deeply and slowly, trying to compose myself.

"Come on," I held out my hands to John and pulled him up from the carpet and onto his feet. "Let's have a drink and watch some rubbish telly. All of this laughter has left me dehydrated."

"Me too. I'm going to have a hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows." John licked his lips at the thought.

"You read my exact thoughts."

Humming a Queen song, we went into the small kitchen and made our drinks.

***Hope you enjoyed😘***