Johnny Depp #7

***Thank you almacorlen2 for this request.***

Hi, my name's Alma and I'm seventeen.
I live with my mum, my dad and sister in California. We moved here last spring because my dad got promoted.

He used to have an office job at a building society, but he got offered a much higher and better paying job. My dad took it too, he wouldn't miss out on a chance like this. As soon as he accepted we had no choice but to move here.
Before we knew it, our bags were packed, our house was sold and we were on the road.

Now, I've made friends with kids in the neighbourhood and have started trying to find myself a job, since my parents have told me I need to think about my future and because I'm as lazy as fuck.

That's what I'm doing, looking at the jobs column in the Los Angeles Times.
Music blasted from my speaker in my bedroom, as I lay on my bed circling jobs.

"Dog walker? No. Too messy." I muttered crossing the job out with a red felt tip pen.

"Newspaper boy? No, I'm female thank you very much." I crossed that job out as well.

"Bartender? Not. Dishwasher? Yuck. Host..." My pen hovered over that job before that too had a red scribble over it.

Soon, the only option left was Child care.
I've never been good at talking with other children and staff, mostly cause I'm an introvert and seriously lack people skills. I'm not bothered though, especially since I don't like people too much. I mean, I like people I just - oh whatever, just forget it.
Anyway, I've never been that good at discipline with younger kids. I wasn't going to take a chance, so that job got a red pen scribble.

Sighing, I tossed the times onto the floor and lay on my back humming along to the music.

I honestly had no idea what I was going to do now. How was I supposed to get a proper job in later life, if I couldn't even choose something I wanted to do when there was nothing?

"- Floating around in ecstasy. So don't stop me now. Don't stop me, cause I'm having a good time, having a good time-" I sang quietly to myself.

I'm a big Queen fan.

I lay on my bed, my mind whirring as the music washed over me. Soon, one of my all-time favourite ACDC songs started up: Back in Black.
Mum doesn't like this song because she says it's sexual. And you know what I say *puts up the middle finger.* Exactly.
I mean, ok, but it doesn't stop it from being a good song, right?

Anyway, I love them. ACDC is, almost my favourite band in the whole world.

I smiled and nodded my head along to the song, before switching it over to November Rain.

"Alma, turn that racket down!" Shouted a slightly high pitched voice from across the landing.

That'd be my sister, Amy. She's very girly and loves all things that are supposed to be cute. Boys and kittens are at the top of the list.
Her room smells of hairspray and is covered by tons of posters that decorate the fairytale pink walls.

I'm exactly the opposite of her. In other words: all things she hates.

My room is painted grey and smells of strong perfume and mothballs. The smell is so strong in fact, that even our husky dog Harry, has stopped coming in to sit on my bed.
Clothes, comic books and random stuff cover my bedroom floor. You have to be very careful when coming in or out of here because of one wrong move and you'll probably end up breaking something.
It's like playing the floor is lava. Except the floor is random stuff.

My mum is constantly telling me to clean up, but I just say: "Why should I if it's just going to get messy again? Can I have something to eat?"

My mum, btw, is the queen of comebacks. So she just shrugs and replies: "Why should I feed you if you're going to die?"