Where oh where are my stupid memories (part 4)

I felt tears prickle my eyes as I stared at the boy in horror. Bekah released the grip on my arms and I sank to the floor, staring at the poor boy who I, I don't even know what I did to him! Oh, my head was aching but it was nothing compared to the guilt that was welling in my gut.

"What's wrong with me?!" I whimpered and put a hand to my mouth only to quickly pull it away, feeling something sticky on my mouth. I looked down and saw red so logically I knew it was blood that stained my fingers and my mouth probably looked way worse. I gagged and stood up quickly, away from the boy that still laid unconscious on the floor. Oh I hope I didn't kill him! But what if I did?!

"I think I'm going to be sick." I moaned as I rushed to the door that led to freedom. The two siblings did nothing to stop me but instead decided to bicker with the other.

"Well nice job sister. Really did a fantastic job!"

"Oh shut it Nik. I didn't know she would react this badly." Rebekah snapped as I reached fresh air. I went immediately to the woods, but stayed close enough that I could clearly see the house. I didn't trust the woods at all. Once I was a bit a ways, I collapsed on the ground, hugging a tree to try and calm myself down. What in the world is happening to me? I ended up having to put my head in between my legs to keep from passing out from where I couldn't stop hyperventilating. When I could breath normally again,  I leaned back against the tree and tried to figure out things. Maybe, maybe, Rebekah wasn't lying and I was a weird hybrid vampire who does drink blood. But that sounds utterly absurd and something like from a fictional book or something! But then again, how could I explain what happened with that poor boy? I moaned and stood up. Maybe a quick walk would clear my head. Hopefully.

I ended up walking for quite a while, till the sun started to set before I stopped. I glanced around and my eyebrows furrowed before groaning.

"Great going Tara! Get yourself lost, why don't ya?" I muttered angrily before spinning on my heel to walk the way I came from before I heard a sound.

"Hello? I swear I am not one of those stupid girls from the horror movies." I called out but got ready to run just in case I do turn into one of the stupid girls from the horror movies. The crickets answered me back and I sighed. Maybe I was going crazy and hearing things is just another sign. I started my trek back when I heard an animal squeal. And so what if I am a little bit like those stupid girls, I am curious okay?! My head tilted as I saw a man crouching above something and I could see something furry in his hands.

"Oh hell no." I muttered and tried to backtrack but the dude already was looking at me. I froze as I recognized him even with that poor bunny's blood all over his mouth.

"Stefan?!" I demanded. He looked at me alarmed and quickly stood up but I was gone. But not quite as gone as I would've like because he managed to grab my arm and stopped me from successfully running away.

"Tara? What are you doing here?" He demanded as he wiped the bunny's blood off his face. I felt a little nauseous just looking at him. Was Rebekah really telling the truth when she said most of the people I know are... vampires?? Oh, why is my head so achy?!

"Let go of me or I'll... I'll scream!" I threatened. He raised an eyebrow at my feeble threat. I deflated knowing that what I promised wouldn't even do anything. We were in the woods for crying out loud! I really need to stay away from them jeeze.

"Are you okay? You have... blood on your face." He said a bit awkwardly as he gestured around his mouth. My eyes widened and I rose a hand to my mouth to feel the crustiness of the blood. My eyes welled up and I threw myself at him, crying. I forgot about what I just saw, just so I could enjoy the little comfort while I could. Stefan was a little bit startled but relaxed and started to rub my back to soothe me.