Brotherly Love

"Could you be even more cliché?" Damon scoffed. He looked at us with disdain. Well he stared more at Klaus than me but still.

"Damon, please." Stefan sighed, crossing his arms. "We'll help but only if your mother comes at us. Till then, we will keep an eye out. Deal?" Klaus narrowed his eyes, not looking all that pleased.

"We're not going to get any more than that, Klaus." I whispered up to him, eyeing the Scooby gang. They didn't look all that excited to help us but the resigned looks in their eyes told me they'll do it. He slowly nodded.

"Glad we could sort this out. We'll be in touch." He said shortly but hid his displeasure behind his usual smirk. I wiggled my fingers as a goodbye wave and headed out the door with him.

"Wait! Can we talk to Tara alone?" Stefan said quickly before we were out the living room. I paused and looked at them curiously. Stefan looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Hmmm. Why not." I shrugged and gently nudged Klaus towards the door. He rolled his eyes but continued on. I turned around, crossing my arms as I looked at Stefan. Damon gestured for the others to leave. A few hesitated (Elena namely) but eventually they all made their way out of the house.

"Well?" I broke the awkward silence that fell once all three of us were truly alone. Stefan gave Damon a glance and nodded his head towards me. I raised my eyebrows and switched my gaze to the older brother.  He rolled his eyes at Stefan but stepped up to me, still holding onto his glass of bourbon.

"I just want to say that... you know."

"Know what?" I said slowly. I had some idea where this was going but it is probably just a fantasy knowing him. He growled and gulped down the rest of his drink.

"I'm sorry! Okay?" ...Okay, maybe not so much fantasy. I laughed.

"How much have you had to drink today?"

"Tara! Stop joking. I'm trying to be sincere here." He snapped.

"Uh huh." I nodded, slowly. My smile wouldn't go away at this funny situation. He walked up to me and bent a little to look me in the eyes. Which was a little annoying because to me it's slightly demeaning because I am not that short! ...just a few inches below him but that's all because of stupid human genetics and most girls being shorter than men and all that crap. What I would give to be one of the other percent who actually had height. Blegh.

"Tara. You know I'm not one for regret but that's all I've been feeling ever since we driven you away from us. From your home. I will do anything to get you back. Even Stefan wants to help." His ice blue eyes looked so remorseful but I remembered how he threw away all my trust in him and stood firm.

"You haven't tried very hard. In fact, I actually recall you two actually stabbing me with a stake right here." I pounded on my chest for emphasis. "You two picked that stupid doppelganger over me more than once! You chose her over your sister! So forgive me if I'm not on the whole forgiveness bandwagon." I spat out. I guess I still did care because I was shaking cause of how furious I was. I almost had tears appearing and I was struggling to hold them back.

"Tara-" Stefan started but I held up a hand to stop him.

"Don't even try, Stefan. You are no better. And out of the "good" brother, too." I scoffed.

"Tell us how to make this right, then. We will do anything. We can't risk losing you again, now that Esther is possibly back. Despite what you think, we both still love you. We care what happens to you." Stefan continued despite my encouragement. I could only stare into his oaky green eyes for a few moments before looking away. He always looked like a puppy when he used that look on me, dammit. My heart clenched for a few moments after looking at him. At both of them. True, after everything they did, they were still my brothers. They were the ones who practically raised me. At one point, I would've done literally anything for them. It wasn't fair.

"I know. I'm sorry, Tara." Stefan murmured. I wasn't even aware that I spoke out loud. I should really keep an eye on that. It's a bad habit to have here in Mystic Falls. I gave a long, heavy sigh. It feels like weight was being added on and on to my shoulders. Should I or should I not? If I do trust them, will either betray me at a moments notice? Will they pick Elena over me? So many things can go wrong if I give my trust back to either the Salvatore brothers. I weighed the pros and cons in my head before snapping into attention and staring at them both forcefully.

"We will do this thing by my rules. No one else's. Not even your precious princess's. I decide what is okay and what's not. I am only giving you both a fraction of my trust, just a tiny bit but if any of you break it, I'll show you what exactly I learned over at the Mikaelson's and trust me when I say, I won't be the only one showing my anger. Understand?" They looked at each other but slowly nodded and gave me tentative smiles. Well, Damon gave more like a smirk but that's just his version of a smile.

"Excellant!" I beamed and decided to do one thing that might make them a little happy and show that I'm starting the bargain on my end and opened my arms wide. "Hug?" That stunned them and made me hold my arms out awkwardly for a few moments.

"Orrr not." I said slowly, putting my arms back down but before they reached my sides, Damon pulled me into a strong hug. My eyebrows shot up but I returned it as best I could before pulling away to give Stefan's his.

"Remember, baby steps. And no overstepping. Promise?" I asked, after stepping away from Stefan.

"Promise." They both said. I gave them both a stare down before nodding.

"I better go. I'll text you soon." I said easily. I don't even know if I will do it soon but I'll guess we'll see. I walked out of the boarding house to where Klaus was waiting by his car.

"You okay, love?" I smiled at him as he opened my door.

"I'm perfect. Absolutely perfect."

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Ending it here cuz I have no idea how to continue this chapter and I am waaay past my deadline sooorrryyyy

So umm happy new year! Yay for 2017, my most dreaded year yet since this is the year I turn into a legal adult. *internal sobbing* I'm not ready

Tara- oh grow up. It's not that bad

Me- says you! The imaginary character in my head that doesn't even have to live in this cruel, cruel world

Tara- Now you're being overdramatic. It's easy to see why you're vice president of the drama club

Me- shuddup!!!

Tara- *snickers * alright so anyways Vote, COMMENT, add to library, do whatever you need to do peeps! And forgive this lousy owner of my for being horrible at updating. She was being too preoccupied by playing around on pinterest

Me- I'm trying to do better!!!

Both- Byyyeee

*when my last semester of high school starts in a few weeks, I get to ride a bike to school!! I'm so excited!  Now all I have to do, is get one lol.*