Meeting the Arusadawn family and why Klaus?

"Tara. Hey Tara wake up." Someone whispered, nudging my shoulders. I moaned and turned over.

"Stop watching me sleep creeper." I mumbled barely awake. Whoever it was sighed and stepped back.

"Well you have to wake up sometime." They mused and then all of a sudden I felt sharp little claws digging in my back. I smiled and shook my head, getting on my elbows.

"I have more than one layer of clothes on, Klaus. Did you honestly expect Hellcat to do anything harmful to me?" I said sleepily and cuddled the cat, laying back down. He shrugged.

"It was worth a shot. Anyways all the critters are out, it's about 2 in the afternoon, and I think you should get up and go shopping for your new stuff." I groaned.

"If I didn't know better, I would say you're trying to get me out of the house." He raised an eyebrow.

"I'll drop a spider on you." I sat straight up.

"I'm getting up!" I protested and swung my legs out of Rebekah's bed. He smirked at me all smugly. I glared at him but I think my yawn kinda ruined. I walked to the closet door than faced him expectantly.

"What?" He asked dumbly. I rolled my eyes and pushed him out. Idiotic hybrid man. He laughed as I slammed the door firmly before jumping back in bed.

"If I come back and see you in the bed again, guess who'll get some new pets." He threatened again through the door before he started to cheerfully whistle and walked away. Freak! I grudgingly put on a pair of skinnies with a pink tank top and a pair of matching flip flops before I came downstairs. Kol glared at me as I went in the kitchen to grab a pudding and he walked out with a snobbish look. I smirked and hopped on the dining table where Rebekah was with her head face down. She looked up at my arrival and scowled.

"Why are you dressed so cheerful. It's ghastly outside!" She moaned. I shrugged and peeled the top off.

"I was trying to force myself to be happy but it isn't working." I sighed.

"Well we were thinking you were going to sleep the day away. Tell me, are you always such a pillow hog?"

"Yes. Yes I am." I nodded with a serious expression. She rolled her eyes and laid her head back down. When I finished polishing off my pudding I grabbed my keys and headed to the doorway.

"Where are you going?" Rebekah asked with her voice being muffled by her arms. I saw a slit of a single blue eye staring at me curiously.

"Apparently I need to get my new stuff today, as told to me by Klaus. Did you know he threw Hellcat on me?" She laughed and stood up, smoothing out her navy blue top.

"I'm surprised he has let you keep it so far." She smirked, grabbing her jacket.

"Ah you can't deny these beautiful eyes of mine for long. Plus she stays outside most of the time so we don't really need to do anything." I shrugged and switched the keys.

"We should take your car. More trunk space." I said and threw them in her face. She snatched it with a bored look and we were off to the mall. (Actually I never been to one so I don't know what to expect. :/ )

"What are we getting first?" She asked as we pulled in. I bit my lip and thought.

"Well I can get someone to order furniture online so I can sleep on an air mattress in the mean time. So I guess decorations, then clothes then stuff like books and junk." I nodded. She shrugged and started off in the opposite direction. I didn't notice it till ten seconds and she was pushing through the crowd with an impatient look. I had to run and catch up, getting many dirty looks and curses from the randoms. I glared fiercly at them in return till I had caught up to her.