Bon Appétit

Damon lead me to the kitchen where a pot of sauce was simmering on the stove. I immediately walked over, smelling the spices fill the air. Delicious! That is one thing I definitely missed about staying with them. Damon doesn't cook that often but when he does, he cooks. He smirked and bumped me out the way so he could stir the pot. Rolling my eyes, I head to the fridge and took out a water bottle. 

"Boyfriend didn't look too happy when he dropped you off. Did he know about our little get-together?" I shrugged, hopping on the counter.

"He just came back from looking for Esther and got zip. He's not very happy in general." 

"Is he ever happy?" Stefan asked rhetorically as he entered the kitchen with a bottle of wine. I wiggled my eyebrows at him and his face scrunched up in disgust. "Nevermind." I laughed and took a sip of my water. 

"As lovely as it is to see you again, my darling Stephanie, I have to say that your girlfriend is not being very nice to me. Did you know she tried to hit me today?" I pouted out my lower lip at him. His eyebrows furrowed as he looked at me confused. 

"Really?"

"Yes! And there are witnesses to it and everything! All I was doing was talking about how I wasn't going to fall for her martyr complex and whatnot and she tried to full-on slap me. You got to work on her attacks. Teach her how to throw a proper punch or something. Slaps are a prissy move." I scrunched up my nose. He looked at me confused and I laughed.

"I'll admit that I egged her on but come on. You can ask the witch or the blonde. They were there. And so was Rebekah and Kol but I wouldn't count on getting anything out of Kol. He was all for the fight." I rolled my eyes as I explained, leaning back on my hands. Stefan just sighed in exasperation and sat down the wine by Damon. 

"So is this a bad time to mention that Elena will be joining us tonight?" Damon put out, tasting the sauce. At his words, Stefan and I turned our heads at him. Oh no, he did not just say what I thought he said.

"Are you serious? What happened to sibling bonding time?" I demanded. He opened the wine, not looking either one of us in the eye.

"She mentioned coming over tonight when she stopped by earlier. I blanked out and said sure. Maybe I should've paid attention to how insistent she was." He shrugged. I groaned. Me and my big fat mouth. I just had to mention maybe coming tonight for the pasta dinner. I practically invited her right then and there!

"So not cool dude." I pouted. He smirked at me as Stefan nodded in agreement with me.

"We said that this night was only going to be the three of us, Damon. You were the one that insisted on it!" Stefan reminded the eldest brother. 

"I don't know. Could be the entertainment of the night." He tried to spin it around. I threw my water bottle at him in aggravation. He caught it and gave me a smug face, twirling it in his hand. Throwing my hands up in the air, I jumped down. 

"If she tries something, then I don't want to hear squat from you two! I'm not like your Scooby gang, I will stand up for myself." I warned both of them. They looked at each other and shrugged, accepting it. I nodded in affirmation and grabbed Stefan's arm to pull him out the kitchen. I lead the way to his room and plopped on his bed.

"So what's going on with you?" I asked after I made myself comfortable. He raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing really. Everything is calm and there's nothing going on for once." He shrugged, sitting next to me. I rolled my eyes.

"Nope. You're lying to me. I can see it on your face! Something is bothering you." I trilled and turned on my side to poke his face. "You have more lines on your forehead since the last time I saw you. And you're frowning a lot. Even when you're around your 'lovely' girlfriend!" My eyebrows furrowed at my own words and I drew back. "Is it about your lovely doppelganger girlfriend? Am I going to have to beat her ass? Because I would gladly do it and you know it!" He chuckled and hit me upside the head with a pillow.