Don't Regretti the Spaghetti

"When did you get back?" Rebekah asked, just as confused by his appearance as I was. He and Elijah were supposed to be gone all week but here he was.

"We got back an hour ago. Imagine our surprise when the house was completely empty even after we both stressed how important it was that Tara stayed inside." He growled out. I bit my lip but finally just heaved a loud sigh.

"Okay, yes we left. But we only left today literally not that long before you apparently arrived. And keeping me up in the house is bullshit and you know it. I'm not a fragile princess, Klaus. I get cabin fever, I can't stay at home all day, every day without losing my mind. I need fresh air, I need people, I need root beer floats that have too much root beer and not enough ice cream. I need to keep my sanity so yeah we left. But I'm still under supervision as stupid as it is. I have your brother and sister both by my side every minute. We're okay." I explained, holding his face in between my hands. He still looked annoyed but at least he calmed down some. I stared into his eyes, so he knew I wasn't lying and I could gauge his temper. Once I knew he wasn't going to cause a scene, I let his face go and turned to the Scoobies but still held onto his hand. 

"And a slap? Really? That is so girly, why couldn't you try to throw a punch? You had the training I'm sure." I raised an eyebrow at Elena. She scowled at me but didn't bother responding. She really doesn't like me. Bonnie urged her backward as the Mikaelson's eyed her. "What? Not going to say anything now that Klaus showed up?" I asked in disbelief. She felt top of the world when it was just Kol and Rebekah behind me but now that Klaus appeared? That's stupid. Kol and Rebekah were terrifying in their own right. Each of the Mikaelson siblings had their own special ability to invoke fear; it's insulting to say one is scarier than the other. Well in my opinion anyway and it probably doesn't mean much since I do live with them. Oh well.  I rolled my eyes at her. 

"She feels outnumbered now even with her witchy friend and baby vampire beside her," Kol smirked, resting his arm on Rebekah's shoulders. "And here I was hoping she would still feel stupid enough to try and hit you again. It would've been hilarious to see your reaction." I shot him an exasperated look to which he just shrugged.

"Thanks for the defense, Kol." I mocked. He smirked and leaned on his sister. I shook my head and focused back on Elena.

"And also, slapping someone who is telling the truth? Very mature, Elena. You need to control your emotions better. God help you if you become a vampire." Elena scowled at me but she had to work on her scary face if she wanted me to feel intimidated. I sighed and rolled my head back.

"I'm bored and this outing is ruined. Let's go home." I pulled on Klaus's hand. He raised an eyebrow but let me lead him outside the Grill. Rebekah and Kol remained inside, wanting to continue to bant with the Scoobies I guess. He opened the door to the passenger side of his car for me and I reluctantly went in. 

 It was quiet for the first few minutes and my uneasiness slowly grew the more he didn't speak a word. I moved my head so I could stare at his face. It was impassive but now and then there was a twitch at his jaw and I slowly felt worse.

"Are we going to talk?" I finally asked. He barely spared me a glance as he continued to drive. I sighed and grabbed his spare hand and cradled it to my face.

"Please don't shut me out because you're angry. Just yell and do whatever but please don't ignore me." I pleaded. I can't have someone give me the silent treatment without feeling like I was a year old again in Washington. It just brought back horrible feelings inside me and I couldn't stand it. He sighed and pulled over, turning the engine off. 

"You know what I asked and you disobeyed still. Elijah and I are scouring all over for our mother to keep you safe and you still decide to do whatever you want, as usual. Why do you try to toss away our efforts in trying to protect you?" I frowned at his words, my stomach turning in knots. He was really frustrated with me and a bit hurt, I could see in his eyes. That just made me feel worse.

"I-I... I'm sorry. I really, really am. I tried to follow through this time, I really did but I let myself get in the way again. I'm not trying to throw away everything you're doing for me. I'm just an idiot who thinks only about what she wants and I'm sorry for making you worry. Just get mad at me. Don't blame Rebekah or Kol. I knew what I was supposed to do, I could've just said no as well. Even though I hate being told what to do, I know what you said was important. I'm sorry." I looked away at the end of my word vomit. I ramble when I get nervous and sometimes what I say doesn't make that much sense but I just try to let my feelings shine through. He exhaled through his nose and ran a hand through his curls. 

"You're not that much of an idiot but yes, you can be pretty stupid." He finally said. I almost glared at him but reminded myself of the situation I put myself in. "You got to remember that this isn't all about you anymore. If anything happens to you, my family will be destroyed. You helped make us like a real family and if you weren't here any more than everything would fall apart." He said sternly. I bit my lip and nodded. He was giving me far too much credit. All I did was basically stop a few fights here and there and start a few.  None too serious of course; the main reason was if someone got into my snacks or something of the like.  And I forced them to have dinners together a few times a month, even if it was takeout Chinese. Sweet and sour chicken is my weakness. Klaus sighed and stroked my cheek.

"You got to use your head sometimes, sweetheart." I made a face at him but nodded. He smirked and gave me a quick peck before starting the car again. I took a deep breath before laying my head on his arm as we made our way home. 

We stayed in his art studio for a few hours as he went over everything he and Elijah discovered. Basically, it was all rumors and nothing truly substantial going all over the east coast. Werewolves, witches and a quite a few vampires just up and disappeared. No trace of them after they disappeared and the furthest it went back was 5 months ago. A few of the last people who saw the supernatural's said that they seemed to be paranoid and that there was a report of a swarm of starlings around the time they disappeared. All which evidently points to their mother. And I just have to trust their word and hope that Esther wouldn't get the balls to try anything to me when they're all on high alert. But I digress. I stood up at six thirty and stretched.

"Want to go to dinner with me? The brothers are cooking." I offered. Klaus scrunched up his face and shook his head.

"I'll drive you there but other than that, I'll refuse. I just got back from a week with idiots, I prefer some time away before my IQ further drains away."

"Be nice." I admonished but I couldn't stop the laughter. He smirked and kissed me. Temptation ran great to let this continue because, by God, he could kiss! But there came the true dilemma; kissing or pasta? I slowly pulled away, giving him a few more pecks before I got away from his really charming face.

"This will be continued when I get home," I warned. He smirked and grabbed my hand to lead me down. I smiled dreamily as we got in the car. Music filled the air all the way to the Salvatore boarding house. Once we got there though, he started to kiss me again at the doorstep. My mind was full of bliss. Man was one talented kisser.

"Alright, love birds. Split it up." A voice grouched behind me. I pulled away and saw Damon scowling at Klaus. Klaus smirked and gave me one last kiss before stepping back.

"She's to be home by midnight and you make sure that she makes it to the door or it'll be your head." He warned. Damon rolled his eyes and pulled me inside, slamming the door in Klaus's unamused face. He twirled me around and let a smile spread across his face. 

"Ready to eat?"

"Always."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bruh, this story is like 5 years old. I am so terrible for letting it drag on this long lol. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry.

Also, Gabbie Hanna is everything. I love her so much

Also also, I'M GOING TO BE ON A CRUISE SHIP TO THE BAHAMAS THIS WEEK AND I'M GOING TO HUG A DOLPHIN AND I'M SO EXCITED