Distractions

I hummed to myself as I scooped some ice cream into the blender. I have been craving a milkshake for what seemed like ever now and I decided to finally do something about it. I heard someone come in behind me and open the fridge but I ignored them, focusing on how much milk I was putting in.

"What are you doing?" Kol asked amused. I flipped my hair over my shoulder to give him a quick look before returning to my important mission.

"Making a milkshake. Want one?"

"You do realize that its November right? And how it's all cold outside?" I stared at him blankly as the blender did its magic.

"What's your point?" He rolled his eyes but smiled slightly.

"Never mind, Tara. Never you mind."

"You're weird."

"Trust me when I say that you are worse." I gave him a withering look as I achieved perfect thickness for my milkshake and started to pour it in my glass. Once it was full, I hopped on the counter next to Kol, sticking my straw in my delicious treat. 

"Whatcha doing?" I asked, looking over his shoulder to look at what he was doing on his phone. He immediately cut off the screen and looked at me with a smirk.

"Why do you ask?"

"Cause it's 2 in the morning and you're all dressed like you're gonna go on a hot date." I rolled my eyes mentally as I literally saw his ego grow even more than it already was as he fixed the collar of his shirt, smirking.

"I couldn't sleep so I decided to grab a bite to eat. Wanna come with?" I debated it, sipping my drink before nodding.

"Sure, I don't feel like going to sleep just yet."

"Not going to tell your boyfriend where you're going?" He teased as I put my drink down to shrug on my trench coat over my pj's. I looked blankly at him, raising my eyebrow.

"First, he's my boyfriend not my keeper. Second, he's asleep right now and wouldn't wake up to make me a milkshake which is why I had to do it. Third, we're not doing anything other than walking around and getting a bite so what's the point? Weirdo." I rolled my eyes. picking my glass back up. Kol chuckled and opened the door for me, bowing grandly.

"Such a gentleman." I teased as he closed the door behind me, "Where should we go? Everyone. well at least those that are smart. are safe and snug in bed."

"Which is why we are going to a party Bekah got an invite to. She left an hour ago and she texted me ten minutes ago how the party is still going strong."

"Lovely. Drunk teenagers. So where is it?"

"At the watering hole, where else?"

"Ah yes, how silly of me to think otherwise." We smirked at each other and carried on, not exactly hurrying but not going at a human pace either. When we arrived, the party was still going on with loud music, loud teens and lots of alcohol everywhere.

"I don't know why more kids don't drown with the amount of liquor they drink." I wrinkled my nose as I looked in the water where dozens of kids were swimming, apparently not caring if they get hypothermia or not. I looked beside me, expecting Kol to be beside me but he had already wandered off. The jerk. I shrugged and walked around, looking for Bekah. I found her about ten minutes later, looking very bored as someone tried to chat her up.

"Bekah! Finally, I've been looking for you forever." I cheered and grabbed her wrist, pulling her into a hug. She looked surprised and tentatively hugged me back.

"What are you doing here? Is Nik with you?"

"Nah, I came with Kol because I was bored."

"Hey, we were-" The boy started saying, apparently getting over his confusion but I didn't feel like putting up with him. I looked around Bekah and gave him a deadpan stare.