Happy Endings Do Happen (Stony)

This was requested by @arigonzo05  i hope it's good!! (also sorry it took so long) 

Steve dismounts his horse, looking up at the castle looming above him. Vines curled around the stones, giving the whole castle and eery, aged look. A wall of dead thorns cut the entrance to the castle off to the rest of the world. 

Steve took a deep breath and led his horse to a nearby creek, before cutting through the vines, trying to get to the drawbridge. 

He stumbles through, thorns scratching at his faces, before finally managing to make it through. 

Instead of a beast, or a monster, or something to fight, there's a hooded figure standing in the middle of the drawbridge. 

Steve keeps his sword in front of him as he approached the figure. 

"Hello?" Steve ventures. 

The figure doesn't move, shadows spilling off of them like water. 

Steve lowers his sword and waves his hand in front of the figure's face. 

"I am here to rescue the sleeping prince!" Steve declares, puffing out his chest. 

Still the figure stays still. 

Steve deflates.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me who you are!" Steve demands.  

The figure finally looks up and Steve steps back, raising his sword. 

"There is no need for that here," The figure delicately removes their hood to reveal a woman with sharp cheekbones and black as night eyes. 

"Who are you?" Steve asks, lowering his sword only slightly. 

"My name is of no importance. You are here for the prince, correct?"

Steve nods. 

The woman's eyes roved over Steve, and he frowns. 

"I am his guardian, tasked to stay here until the right person can wake him up. Many have tried, all have failed." 

"So, how do you find the right person? Do I have to perform a task or fight a dragon?" Steve asks. 

"Neither." The woman answers. "The only thing that can wake the prince up is true love's kiss. No violence, no task. A simple kiss to read the heart." 

"All I have to do is kiss him? Then why all the vines?"

"I'm not a gardener." The woman responds, arching an eyebrow. 

"My bad." Steve responds. "So where do I find the prince."

"He's in the highest tower." The woman answers, before pulling her hood above her head, cloaking her in darkness once again. 

"Very helpful." Steve mutters, sheathing his sword and walking quickly into the castle. 

***

"I hate stairs." Steve says, out of breath, as he walks up the spiral staircase. 

He has no idea which one is the tallest, so he's taking it one tower at a time. Eventually he will find the prince, and when he does, he will wake him with true love's kiss. 

The stairs cut off abruptly, leaving Steve with a bruise on his forehead as he walks into a wooden door. 

He curses loudly, his words echoing down the staircase. 

Steve feels around the door, before finding a doorknob and walking into the room. 

It's a small round room. Sunlight filters through a window near the top of the room. Vines grow around the corners, curling up a small bed in the center of the room. 

Lying on the bed is a man around Steve's age. His hair is black as coal and his hands are folded over his chest. 

Steve softens, feeling the tension leave his body. 

He walks over and kneels at the side of the bed. 

Steve leans over and presses a soft kiss to the prince's lips, before moving back a bit. 

It feels like the whole world is waiting with bated breath when the prince's eyes flutter open, and he meets Steve's eyes. 

"Hello?" The prince asks, and Steve grins so wide his face hurts. 

"Hello, prince. My name is Steve. I've come to rescue you." 

woooooo part one!!!! 

so if you couldn't tell its based off of sleeping beauty, but i changed a few things

there will be one to two more chapters, depending on how i'm feeling 

(probably just one, but maybe not) 

anyways, please vote and comment on anything you want to see

and if you want to read more from me, i have a stony book, as well as an original book called Songs From My Heart, if you want to check it out!!!

(also come say hi on my tumblr, angelwiththeblue-box !!)

thanks for reading!!!

XOXO Valkyrie