I Would Never Hurt You(Stony)

No Powers AU, where Steve and Tony have been dating for two years. 

Tony's POV

I sit on the couch, waiting for Steve to get home. 

It's late, almost 11. Normally he's home before 9, but this past week, he's been spending more and more time at work. 

Almost like... like he doesn't want to see me. Like he's avoiding me for someone better

I hang my head, before standing up and walking to the kitchen to get a drink. 

I pour the amber liquid into a glass and down in one gulp, before pouring another one. 

Thirty minutes later, the bottle is practically empty, and I can barley walk. 

I finish the bottle, before climbing drunkenly onto the counter to grab the bottle I hid. I open it, before stumbling over to the couch, and collapsing, drinking straight out of the newly opened bottle.

Steve's POV 

Shit, I'm so late. 

I lost track of time. The office was having a party for one of the sales members, and we got a little... distracted. 

Someone snuck in a bottle of tequila, and it spiraled from there. 

I didn't have any, so I had to drive four people home. 

I hope Tony didn't wait up, I don't want him to worry. 

I unlock our front door and walk inside. I close the door behind me and take off my jacket and set my bag down. I walk into the living room to see Tony, holding a mostly finished bottle, passed out on the couch. 

I walk over to him, and listen to his chest.

"Shit." I curse, dialing 911. I don't know how much he's drunk, but Tony doesn't pass out easily, so it couldn't have just been one bottle. 

As the phone is ringing, I walk over to find another empty bottle and curse again.

What caused this?

Finally, someone picks up. 

"911, what's the emergency?" 

"My- my husband, he's passed out, he's had too much too drink, I don't-"

"Sir, calm down, we'll send an ambulance to check up on him." The person on the phone says. 

"Than-thank you." I say, and hang up.

I walk back over to where Tony is laying, his breathing getting rougher. 

(I'M GOING TO TAKE THIS MOMENT AND SAY I DONT KNOW WHAT A DRUNKEN PERSON WHOS HAD TOO MUCH TO DRINK LOOKS LIKE, NOR DO I KNOW WHAT TO DO IN THAT SITUATION OKAY KEEP READING!)

*TIME SKIP SORRY*

I watch Tony sleeping, his dark brown hair sticking out in many different directions, contrasting the bright white of the hospital. 

I drop my head in my hands, feeling the tears wanting to fall. 

"Steve?" Tony croaks. I lift my head up and move to the hospital bed, wrapping my husband in a hug. 

"Tony." I whisper, the tears falling down my face, and wetting Tony's hospital gown. 

"Wha- Steve, what happened?" Tony asks. I move back to my chair. 

"You had to get your stomach pumped, Tony. You could have died." I tell him. Tony lets his head fall on the pillow. "Why?" 

"Are you cheating on me?" Tony asks, shutting his eyes. 

"Of course not! I would never!" I exclaim. "Why would you think that?"

"You've been staying late at work, and we rarely go out anymore." 

"Tony, no. I love you. No one else. I had to stay late at work to plan a party."

"Why didn't you tell me, when I asked, why didn't you just tell me."

"Because that wasn't all I was doing." 

"Steve-"

"I was getting a ring fitted." I admit. 

I pull a small velvet box out of my pocket and hand it to Tony. 

He opens it and gasps, eyes filling with tears. 

"Yes." Tony exclaims. "Yes, yes, yes!"

I take the box, and shakily set the ring on my fiancee's (!!) finger. 

Tony moves over, and I lay down next to him, playing on the ring on his finger. 

"I love you, and I would never hurt you." I tell him. 

"I love you too." Tony smiles, and presses a soft kiss to my cheek. 

WOOOOO

if y'all want, I could do a sequel with their wedding. 

pls vote, share comment any ideas, and check out my other books pls and thanks!!

XOXO Valkyrie