I hate you(winterfalcon) (edited)

Sam and Bucky lay on the ground, Bucky's metal arm was webbed to the tile and Sam's arm and half his body was stuck as well. Sam just barely managed to maneuver Redwing to launch the Spider kid out the window.

"You couldn't have done that sooner?" Bucky grumbles.

"Fuck you." Sam responds. He tries to get Redwing back to cut him free but he couldn't move his fingers enough.

Outside, the two of them can hear the sounds of fighting and Sam turns his head to watch as Bucky struggles to pull his arm free. Finally, the web solution rips and Bucky pushes himself off the ground. He flicks a knife out and kneels down next to Sam, cutting the webbing off.

"Hey, thanks." Sam says as the two head out towards the main fight.

"Don't mention it." Bucky mutters. Sam looks down at his feet smiling. Maybe Bucky wasn't so bad after all.

*

They couldn't do it.

None of them wanted to fight their friends. Steve dropped his shield and held his hand out to Tony. He apologized. They both did.

All of them came back to the Avengers Headquarters, except for T'Challa who went back to Wakanda. Tony let Bucky stay with them and he apologized to Wanda for locking her in her room. It would take a bit more than that to completely be okay, but it was a step in the right direction.

Sam hadn't seen Bucky since they got back and he would be lying if he said he wasn't a bit worried.

"There should be a map for this place." Sam mumbles as he walks down the hallways.

"Are you lost, Mr. Wilson?" FRIDAY's voice fills the hallway. Sam jumps a bit and nods.

"Do you know where Bucky is?"

"Sgt. Barnes is in the training rooms." FRIDAY answers. Sam thanks her and moves down the hallways to the training area.

He enters quietly, not wanting to startle the super soldier. Bucky has his back to the door and is hitting the punching bag. Sam knocks gently on the wall and Bucky freezes and turns around.

"Hey, Sam." Bucky says, waving. "You need something?"

"I haven't seen you in a bit, I was wondering if you were okay?" Sam asks. Bucky looks at him, his eyes widening slightly.

"You serious?" Bucky asks. Sam shrugs and nods. He smiles softly and holds out a hand.

"We got off on the wrong foot. I know you probably hate me, but I'm here, if you want to talk." Sam says.

Buck sighs and pulls his sweatshirt closer around himself.

"I feel like all of this is my fault. I killed Tony's parents, I'm the reason that Steve didn't want to sign the Accords, I'm the reason that you and Steve almost broke the law." Bucky admits.

Sam moves so he's closer to Bucky and reaches out to grab Bucky's hand. "It's not your fault. HYDRA was controlling your mind. And Steve and I made our choices of our own volition. It's not your fault."

Bucky smiles, interlacing their fingers. "Thank you."

"Anytime."

what could be better than me trashing that idea completely and rewriting it? absolutely nothing. you're welcome /lh

anyways go check out my tumblr (angelwiththeblue_box) and my ao3 (angelwiththebluebox)

i also have a redbubble up if you want to check it out, my name is val tyler!

thanks for all the support love you all!!

xoxo val