sky full of stars (stony) (edited)

songfic with sky full of stars by coldplay 

enjoy!!

Steve walks down the dim halls of Stark Towers. It's late, everyone's either asleep or in their room. But not him. He's restless. He'd barely been able to focus since he and Tony fought.

It was another one of their stupid fights.

Tony wasn't sleeping and Steve was worried and they both got angry.

cause you're a sky, cause you're a sky full of stars

i'm gonna give you my heart

Steve knocks on Tony's door, but gets no response.

"Tony, are you in here?" Steve asks. He waits a bit, before opening the door slowly. The room is cold, empty. There's a picture frame of Steve and Tony together on the bedside table and Steve picks it up.

It's a photo of them on their one year anniversary. Tony packed them a picnic and they went to Central Park for lunch. It's where Steve proposed.

He couldn't wait any longer. He loved Tony and he wanted to spend the rest of his life with him.

cause you're a sky, cause you're a sky full of stars

cause you light up the path

Steve heads up to the roof of Stark Towers. Tony always liked to say that's where he went when he was feeling down. Steve knows that Tony goes there to be alone, but he needs to talk to him.

Steve messed up. It's his fault and he needs to apologize.

"Tony?" Steve asks, closing the rooftop door lightly.

i don't care, go on and tear me apart

i don't care if you do

"Go away." Tony mutters.

"Please, Tones. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't've shouted, I shouldn't have said what I said. I didn't mean any of it."

Tony turns around, the light of the moon hitting his face and illuminating the tear tracks streaking down his cheeks.

"Really?"

"Tony, I love you so much. I never wanted to hurt you, I was just worried and it came out wrong." Tony walks over to Steve and reaches out to grab his hand.

'Cause in a sky, 'cause in a sky full of stars.

I think I saw you

"I love you too." Tony murmurs, kissing Steve. "And you were right. A bit. I was working too hard. I should've listened to you." Tony frowns and Steve can feel the guilt and shame rolling off Tony in waves.

"Hey, you know yourself the best. I know I tend to be a bit overprotective, but you aren't a kid. I'm so sorry." Steve apologizes. "Mi dispiace tanto, amore mio."

'Cause you're a sky, you're a sky full of stars

Such a heavenly view

Later that night, as the two lay in bed together, Tony's head on Steve's shoulder and his hand draped over Steve's stomach, Steve couldn't quite believe that this was how his life had turned out.

He had an amazing husband, a family that he loved and he found all of it on his own. Like that quote from one of Tony's favorite movies.

This is my family. I found it all on my own. It's little, and broken, but still good.

Steve presses a soft kiss to Tony's forehead.

Yeah.

Still good.

You're such a heavenly view

GUESS WHO HIT 50000K WORDS ON NANOWRIMO!!!!!!! 

I FUCKING DID IT!! 

anyways hope yall are liking it

xoxo val