Don't Scare Me Like That (Hawksilver)

Hey y'all!! this is a no-superheroing au, where clint and pietro have been together for four years. 

Third Person POV

Pietro Maximoff moved to the United States six years ago, with his twin sister Wanda, who was twelve minutes younger than him, but acted years older than her age. 

The twins's parents had been killed by a gas explosion that also ruined half of their apartment building. 

Thankfully, Wanda and Pietro had relatives in the US, so they weren't completely abandoned. 

They also some close friends, that made the new environment easier to get used too. 

Pietro took a liking to one such friend. 

Clint Barton. 

The two were close, always bantering back and forth, and once they started dating, they were obnoxiously in love. 

Once Pietro graduated college (the pair were a year apart) Clint and him picked out an apartment together. 

They were happy together. 

Which is what makes the next part so hard. 

Clint's POV

I got the call when I was driving home from work. 

I teach archery to kids. They love it, I love it, so it works out. 

But I love coming home more. Pietro is brilliant in the kitchen, though he refuses to admit it. 

It's nice to have a home-cooked meal, especially after college with Natasha Romanoff for four years. 

(Natasha cannot cook. Or bake. Instead we lived on ramen and pop tarts for a good portion of college.) 

My phone rings, and I connect it to the car's audio. 

"Hello?" I ask. 

"Is this Clint Barton?" The voice responds. 

"This is him." I joke, not quite understanding who's calling. 

"You're listed as the emergency contact for Pietro Maximoff." 

My heart stops. 

"Wh-what?" I ask, my breathing coming in short pants. I lift one hand off the steering wheel, to see that it's shaking. 

"He got hit by a car. It's touch and go. We thought you would like to know." The lady says. 

I can't breath. 

Pietro

I ignore all traffic cues and u-turn in the middle of the street.

A few cars honk, but I can't focus on anything. 

"Where is he?" I demand. 

"Swedish Medical Center. Should I-" I hang up and hold the steering wheel tighter, speeding down the road to the hospital. 

****

I pull into the hospital parking lot and run into the lobby. 

"Can I see him?" I ask frantically. 

"Who are you here to see?" The lady asks. Coincidentally, it's the same lady on the phone. 

"Pietro Maximoff."

"He isn't taking any visitors. We'll let you know if anything changes." 

I let out a frustrated growl, and storm over to the waiting area, feeling tears falling down my face. 

C'mon, Pietro, pull through.

For me. 

suck it. 

sorry, i love you all. 

thanks for reading and please vote and share and comment and ships or ideas or anything!!!

XOXO Valkyrie