Living in the Moment (ScarletWidow) (edited)

no powers au

Natasha moves her game piece around the board, successfully missing all of Wanda's properties and landing on the safe zone.

"Dangit!" Wanda cries, censoring herself for their two twins, sitting on either side of the table. Billy was sitting next to Nat, their ten year old cat on his lap, and Tommy on the other side, kneeling on the edge of the chair and looking over the board.

Wanda had put Tommy in charge of the bank, though Natasha felt that was unfair, Tommy kept sneaking hundreds into his and Wanda's shared stash.

(The twins were thirteen, definitely old enough to play Monopoly on their own, but it was easier to keep everything from descending into chaos if Wanda and Nat each got one of the kids on their team.)

"Ha, Mommy's beating you!" Billy croons, careful not to disturb their cat.

"Hey, don't be mean." Natasha says. Billy frowns and doesn't say anything, but he sticks his tongue out at Tommy.

"Alright, Tommy, roll the dice." Tommy grins and shakes the dice before throwing it on the board. "Yes! Doubles!" Tommy moves their piece and lands on his and Wanda's property. "Can we buy houses? Since we have so much more money than Billy."

Natasha gasps in offense and Billy giggles. Wanda grabs three hundred dollar bills and hands them to Tommy. "Three houses please!"

Tommy hands Wanda three houses and she triumphantly puts them on her properties.

"Now we're winning! Boom!" Tommy says, accidentally knocking over a stack of money. Billy reaches out and takes some of the cash, hiding it in their stack. "Hey, I saw that!" Tommy cries.

"You've been stealing all game it's only fair!" Billy retorts.

"Have not!" Tommy says.

"Have too!"

Wanda catches Natasha's eye over the table and smiles.

"Told you we should have played something else." Wanda murmurs.

"Yeah, you're right." Nat agrees, before getting hit with fake money.

"Oh, yeah you'll regret that!" Natasha says, throwing some of her money at the twins.

The twins laugh and start pulling money out of the back to throw at Wanda and Nat.

"I can't believe we're getting ganged up against! And by our own children!" Wanda says in outrage as she throws bills back at them, resulting in an all out Monopoly fight that will result in a pain to clean up. The cat on Billy's lap has long gone, probably to the couch, where she can snuggle on the blankets, away from the noise of the Monopoly war.

War was probably a bit too strong a word. All that was happening was paper money being thrown back and forth but both Billy and Tommy were treating it like it was one of their video games that they like to play and they were jumping and rolling around on the floor, using tables and chairs as a way to dodge the money.

Later that night, after both Billy and Tommy were tucked in, Wanda and Nat picked up the remnants of the failed Monopoly game.

"Told you Monopoly was a bad idea." Wanda says as she closes a ziplock bag full of game pieces. Natasha laughs and sets the money in the box as well.

"Yeah, you're right. Next time, you can pick." Wanda sets the lid on the box and puts it on the shelf. She pulls Natasha to the couch and rests her head on Nat's shoulder.

"Maybe we should just watch a movie instead." Natasha laughs. "Then there's less we have to clean up."

"Yeah, that's probably the easiest." Wanda smiles and takes Natasha's hand, closing her eyes.

"Hey, don't fall asleep on me, I'm not carrying you to our room." Natasha teases. Wanda hums, but doesn't open her eyes.

"Love you." Wanda murmurs.

"Love you too." Natasha replies, resting her head on Wanda's as her eyes close and they drift off to sleep. 

i saw multiverse of madness

i finished this oneshot to make myself feel better

lesbian wanda truthing over here

xoxo val