do you mean it? (stony) (edited)

modern au

Tony and Steve had traditions.

After two years of dating and six months of living together, they'd built up a repertoire of things they always did.

One of those things was Movie Night Fridays, where they ordered takeout and watched a new movie neither of them had seen before.

It started with Tony showing Steve classic movies, like Star Wars, Star Trek and Indiana Jones, but once they got through all of those movies, they started compiling a list of movies they wanted to see and now they were working their way through it.

Tonight was Nightmare on Elm Street. This was one that Tony had seen, but it was so long ago that Steve made an exception, considering it was their rules and Tony was so excited to watch it.

Around halfway through the movie, Tony's head dropped down on Steve's shoulder. Steve shifts his head slightly and smiles down at his boyfriend.

Tony had a tendency to work himself half to death, so any moment of Tony sleeping willingly was a miracle, and Steve was determined not to wake him.

Steve turns the volume down and pulls a blanket over the two of them, careful not to move Tony too much.

When the credits roll, Steve decides that it'll probably be a lot more comfortable for the two of them in their bed. Steve picks Tony up bridal style and carries him into their bedroom. Tony stirs as Steve sets him in bed and opens his eyes.

"Did the movie end?" Tony murmurs. Steve gets into bed next to him and nods.

"Yeah. You slept through all the good parts."

"Aw, I love those parts." Tony frowns and Steve leans over to kiss him.

"It wasn't that exciting anyway."

Tony smiles and buries his face in Steve's chest.

"G'night, Tony. I love you." Steve murmurs.

"Do you mean it?" Tony asks.

"Tony, I love you to Pluto and back."

"I love you too."

i was so tempted to make this angsty but i decided against it your welcome 

xoxo val