Kisses For When I'm Not Around (Stony)

tony has a business trip for a month he can't get out of, so he leaves steve a jar of chocolate kisses to open in dire cases of loneliness. 

get fucking excited yall im very proud of this idea

Day 2

It had been two days. 

Two measly days since he had said good-bye to Tony at the airport. 

You'd think Captain America, who was frozen in the ice for seventy years, would be good at waiting, but you'd be wrong. 

Steve looks over at the jar of Hershey Kisses on the mantel and sighs, giving in. 

He opens the jar, and pulls one out. 

A piece of paper is attached to it, and he unfolds it. 

It's a note.

Hey, Steve. Don't worry, honey, I'll be home soon. 

Steve smiles, and pops the Kiss in his mouth. 

Of course Tony wrote notes. Thats exactly the sort of thing that Tony would do. 

Day 14

Steve has had four Kisses since his first one. 

They all had short variations of 'I love you', and Steve treasured each one of them. 

But today he was having a terrible day. 

He was late, his boss was pissed at him because of that, and he's had no inspiration for any art for the past two weeks or so. 

(Natasha suspected that it was because Tony left, and Tony, as Natasha put plainly, 'was Steve's only inspiration'.) 

(She was mostly right, but he wasn't going to tell Nat that.) 

Steve pulled the note off of the Kiss, and read it. 

You're a fantastic artist, Steve. I know you don't think so, but you are so talented. 

Steve blushes, and holds the note tighter in his hands. 

Thank you, Tony.

Day 23

Four more days. 

Four more days until Tony comes home.

Over 3/4 of the jar have been eaten, and Steve is ready to see Tony again. 

Steve knew that it was only a month, and he and Tony have only been dating for a year now, but Steve can tell that it's real. 

He feels it in the aching of his stomach when Tony walks out the door, he feels it when Tony comes home after work, tired, but smiling anyways. 

He feels it in the way Tony says 'good morning', tired and holding a cup of coffee, blinking blearily as Steve walks into the kitchen. 

He loves Tony. 

Day 27

Tony's flight was a bit delayed. 

The jar was almost full, there were only one or two left, and Steve was seriously considering eating them right now. 

And so he did. 

Tony was arriving in one hour. 

God, Steve was pathetic. 

Natasha had told him so. 

So had Bruce and Clint. 

Really all of his friends were horrible and he didn't know why he hung out with them. 

(Actually he did, they were great, but that's not the point.) 

He missed Tony. 

Steve knew that they did too, but they weren't the ones hopelessly in love with him. 

(Natasha started teasing him the moment Steve called her at like three in the morning because he missed Tony.) 

(Though, in all fairness, it was pathetic.) 

Steve heard the door open, and he leapt up to greet Tony. 

"Steve!" Tony says, dropping his bags at the door and wrapping Tony in a hug. "I missed you." Tony murmurs. 

"Me too." Steve says. 

"Did you enjoy the chocolate?" Tony teases, looking over at the jar. 

"You did." 

"I love you." Steve blurts out. "I love you a lot, and I really really missed you." 

Tony smiles widely. "I love you too. Now, I was just on a three hour flight in a middle seat, I want takeout and cuddling."

im ending it there because i have to drive to the mountains for xmas (*frowns*) which also means i maybe won't be able to update

i hope you liked this one, im kind of out of ideas right now 

(good news, when the new falcon and the winter soldier comes out, i'll have a whole burst of new winterfalcon oneshots, but that's not for another three months)

so if you have any ideas, or anything, or you're like 'i have this idea, but it might suck' I DONT THINK IT SUCKS PLEASE SEND IT TO ME!!!! 

i always write the requests you all send it, so please send them in!!!!!!!

thank you though for all your votes, and comments, it means a lot!!!

happy holidays!!!!!!

XOXO Valkyrie