It's My Fault (Stony)

So this is during Age of Ultron. Steve and Tony are already dating in this. 

Tony's POV

"Please be a secret door, please be a secret door." I press down on the wall, and it opens. 

"Yay!" I cheer quietly, before walking down the darkened stairwell. The stairs end and I walk into a larger than life room, filled with broken tech, and machines. I look around, my breath catching on one of the Chitauri.

My pulse races, and I tear my eyes off of the alien. 

I walk forward a little more, my eyes catching on a scepter with a glowing orb. 

"Thor, I got eyes on the prize." I say through the comms, before picking up the scepter. 

As I do, I hear a large snap and spin around to see the Chitauri flying towards me, breaking free of the chains. I drop the scepter and back up. 

I turn back around to see all my friends in various stages of dying. 

Clint stabbed with two of his arrows. 

Hulk stabbed with spears. 

Thor lying dead. 

Natasha dead. 

Steve... dead.

I drop to my knees, a sob building in my throat, when Steve grabs my wrist. 

"You... could have... saved us." Steve gasps, before the weight on my wrists loosens. 

I back away hurriedly, hearing Steve in my head still. 

"Why didn't you do more?" 

I look out, past my friend's bodies, and into space watching the Chitauri invading Earth. 

I let out a sob, and back away, hitting the desk. 

I blink rapidly, and look back up, to see machines. 

I exhale shakily, before turning around and grabbing the scepter and racing back up the stairs, glad to be rid of the creepy basement laboratory. 

**AFTER ULTRON'S FIRST ATTACK**

"What were you thinking?" Steve demands. 

I flinch. 

"I wanted to help the world! I thought I could figure out the scepter, and use it to make an AI. Like JARVIS, but to protect the world!" I defend, spreading my arms wide. 

We're in my room. Steve took my by the arm, and dragged me there. 

"So you planned for this?" Steve accuses. I shrink inward. The last time Steve looked at me with such disappointment was before Hulk attacked the Helicarrier. 

"No! Of course not! I only wanted to help! My vision-" I start to say, before cutting myself off. "That's not important. I just wanted to make the world better!"

"We make the world better Tony. You don't need machines!" Steve argues. 

"I'm sorry!"

"Will it happen again?" Steve asks, lowering his voice.

"What?" I ask, the question taking me off guard.

"Will it happen again?" Steve repeats, a little more forceful. 

"No! I mean- I can't promise that! I'm a scientist, Steve, it's my job to try new things!" I defend. 

"Not psychotic things trying to kill us!" Steve shouts. "You know what, I can't. I thought we could make this work, but you keep making the same mistakes. I'm sorry, Tony."

And with that, Steve walks out of the room.

You know what??

this isn't my best. 

hopefully part two will be better. I'm really changing it, by the way. so yeah

anyways, please vote comment, share,

thanks for reading, my lovelies!!!!

XOXO Valkyrie