I fell in love with a bar keeper? (part 3) (edited)

Pietro couldn't believe it. He got a date. Clint said yes.

"Wanda! Wanda!" Pietro bursts into his sister's apartment. "He said-"

"Yes, I know. Natasha texted me." Wanda says, coming out of her room. She's holding a pile of clothes. "Do you know what you're going to wear?"

"This?" Pietro says, gesturing at his long sleeve and jeans.

"Uh uh. That will not do." Wanda says. "Here, try this on."

Pietro sighs and grabs the clothes Wanda held out to him.

Clint pulls out his phone and checks the time. Pietro's late.

"I'm so sorry!" Pietro pants running up to him. "Wanda took the car and forgot to tell me. I had to run."

Clint smiles. "It's fine. So, where are we going?"

Pietro grins. "It's a surprise." He leads Clint down the streets and into a karaoke bar.

"Is this good?" Pietro asks. "We can leave if it's-"

"It's perfect. I've always wanted to do karaoke." Clint says.

Pietro leads them to an empty booth and they sit across from each other, listening to people sing as they talk.

"Next up, Pietro Maximoff."

Pietro grins and stands up. He tips an imaginary hat and walks up to the stage.

Soft piano keys fill the room and Pietro grabs the microphone. "This is dedicated to my hopefully boyfriend." The crowd awes as Pietro starts to sing.

"What would I do without your smart mouth. Drawing me in, and you kicking me out. Got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down. What's going on in that beautiful mind?" Pietro sings, holding eye contact with Clint. Clint blushes and smiles at Pietro.

"I'm on your magical mystery ride. And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright. My head's under water, but I'm breathing fine."

Warmth spreads across Clint's whole body. No one has ever done anything like this for Clint before, especially not on a first date.

"You're crazy and I'm out of my mind. Cause all of me loves all of you. Love your curves and all your edges. All your perfect imperfections."

Clint rings his hands together and looks down at the table. His eyes are watering. He can't believe that this person, who wandered into his bar moping over his ex, is now singing a song to him. And he sounds amazing. Clint looks back up and smiles at Pietro.

The song ends and the bar fills with applause, Clint clapping the loudest. Pietro walks offstage and Clint stands up to meet him.

"I hope I didn't overstep or anything, but-"

"Can I kiss you?" Clint asks. Pietro nods and Clint pulls Pietro closer, kissing him.

"That might be the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me." Clint murmurs.

"Well, in that case, I'll have to up my game, because Clint Barton you deserve all the nice things." Pietro says, poking him gently in the chest. Clint blushes.

He knows it's only their first date, and love at first kiss is hella overrated, but there's something different about Pietro. A good different.  

yall genuinely this was so fun to rewrite 

bartender clint is genius of me 

come find me on my tumblr!! @angelwiththeblue-box 

xoxo val