You were drunk, it didn't count (Stony)

Hi!! Sorry, this took so long! I had a super big AP test that I had to study for, and I finished yesterday, so as a celebration, here's an update!

You all remember that scene in AoU? The super cute domestic party scene that we all loved. This is before they try to pick up the hammer. 

(Y'all know the scene, don't even pretend) 

Tony's POV

I lean against the counter of the bar, a drink in my hand and a scowl on my face. 

I watch Steve talk with some random girl. I shouldn't care- I don't care! I down the drink and turn to ask for another one. 

"Make it a double," I tell the guy at the bar. He nods and slides the drink to me. I down it and motion for another one. 

I down that glass, and then another. 

By that point, I'm a little tipsy. (My tolerance for alcohol has only grown, and I really can't afford to get drunk right now)

(But he's standing twenty feet from me, basically flirting with one of Fury's agents)

(And I can't watch that sober) 

"Tony. Something wrong?" Natasha asks, moving so she's leaning next to me. 

"Nothing important." I lie. Natasha raises an eyebrow. 

"Sure, Tony, sure." She nods and orders a drink. I get another one too and turn back to watch the party unfold. 

{{TIME SKIP-- THIRTY MINUTES LATER}}

"One more drink, please," I slur, tripping over my feet as I attempt to sit down at the bar. 

"Tony, you're drunk," Natasha comes up behind me and shakes her head at the bartender. 

"No!" I exclaim, waving my hand around. "I want another-another one!" 

"Okay, Tony, I left you alone for fifteen minutes while I talked to Clint, and you're drunk off your ass. What is wrong?" She asks. 

"Nothing. Just the fact that Steve is here and he's with a- with another girl." I hiccup and glare off into the distance. 

Natasha snaps her fingers in front of my face. "You like Steve?"

"What? No-no I don't! You like Steve." I lie, my face flushing. Natasha smirks at me. 

"Well, I would recommend you talk to him, but in this state, you'll cause more damage coming clean than keeping it a secret, so you just stay here, and I'll be right back, I need to go grab something," Nat says. 

"Yeah huh," I say, and bob my head back and forth. 

"Great." Natasha slides off the barstool and walks off, disappearing into the crowd. 

"I'm gonna talk to Steve." I decide, four minutes after Nat left. "Nat doesn't tell me what to do," I mumble to myself as I stumble off the barstool and dazedly walk into the crowd, looking for the telltale blonde hair and blue eyes.

Finally, I manage to locate him.

"Steve!" I cheer, drunkenly throwing my self in his arms. 

"Hey, Tony! Wait, are you drunk?" Steve asks, his happy mood disappearing.

"What, me? Drunk? Never?" I slur, grinning widely. "I need to talk to you. Privately. Because it's private." I tell him, poking his chest. 

"O-okay. We can go to my room, I think it's the closest." Steve says and leads me out of the party and down the hall. "So, what did you need to tell me?"

"This," I say and lean forward and kiss him sloppily on the lips. 

And it was everything I knew it would be. 

But Steve pulls away.

"What was that?" Steve asks, his face bright red, his normally calm blue eyes flashing with anger. 

"What-what do you mean? I kissed you?" I reply, my face heating up. 

"You're drunk, Tony, you don't know what you're doing," Steve responds. He avoids looking anywhere near me, and I get the hint.

"Fine. I'll be at the party." I excuse my self and manage to get myself back to the bar, where I drown my sorrows in alcohol until I eventually pass out. 

HAHAHA! Cliff hanger!

Wow, I'm good at those. 

Hopefully, I'm able to update tomorrow, but if not, I'm sorry!

Please vote, comment any ideas, and please please please share!!!

thanks for reading!

XOXO Valkyrie