Song!Fic (Stony)

I know I know, I've done a lot of song!fics, but I really love them! (and I have a lot of ideas for them)

Disclaimer!! The song is called Alive it's by Victoria Carbol, who does songs inspired by books. I don't own the song or the book, so yeah. 

If you want to read the book because you decided you liked the song it's called A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. It's really good!!!!

Enjoy!

Tony's POV

Who are you
Land of nightmares
Why am I not screaming?

I look around, breathing heavily. Destruction all around. I can't breathe. Smoke everywhere. 

I run forward, pulling rubble away. I find the 'A', the one that signifies Avengers tower as that. 

Thought I saw
Something kind there
And I swear I'm not dreaming

"Somebody!" I scream, my voice rough. It's New York. It's been destroyed. Along with everybody in it. Except me. 

It's my fault. 

Prisoner
You are, I am

"Tony!" I sit up, breathing hard. It was just a nightmare. Just a nightmare. Just a nightmare. 

"Tony, what's wrong? What can I do to help?" I turn to meet Steve in the eyes. 

I take a gasping breath, and tears spill out of my eyes. 

Here in this war
Come take my hand

Steve pulls me into his arms, and I sit there, gasping for breath. 

I'm damaged. I'm broken.

"Why are you still here?" I ask. "Why haven't you left me? I'm broken." 

Bring me back to life
End this darkness inside
I want to feel alive

"I'm never going to leave you. Never, Tony. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I love you, and I'm not going anywhere." Steve answers, rubbing his hand up and down my back in soothing motions. 

Eyes lit with star-kissed fire
A touch taking me higher
I want to feel alive

"It started after the Chitauri attack. I couldn't sleep at night, I would have panic attacks. I wouldn't let Pepper in, and soon she left." Steve squeezes my hand. We've moved so we're leaning against the headboard. Steve hasn't let go of my hand since I woke up. "I stopped trying to sleep. I locked myself in my workshop."

I could learn to be
To trust

"Then you came back to the Tower. You and your smiles and your unwavering support. And I started to fall for you. And you fell too. And for a few moments everything was fine. I started getting sleep."

But the fire I was
Has burn to dust

"But then Ultron attacked. And that was all my fault. And the nightmares returned. Featuring you, Clint, Natasha, Bruce, Thor. And I couldn't..."

Bring me back to life
End this darkness inside

"What...what do you need me to do?" Steve asks.

"Stay."

You make me feel alive

"Always." Steve answers. "I'm never leaving."

Again

So I skipped around. I wanted to use the last line, but no matter. It works. 

I really hoped you liked it!!

I hope everyone is feeling okay!! I know quarantine is hard, but I will try to update twice a week, since I'm at home more often ;) 

Please go read my Stony fanfic (Spoken From the Heart) and I have a multifandom oneshot book too. 

Also Superwholock, if anyone is interested. 

So.... have a good day!!!

If you ever need to talk, or rant, or anything, you can message me!

XOXO Valkyrie