This isn't a prank, right? (WinterFalcon)

HEYYY ITS ME BACK WITH ANOTHER WINTERFALCON!!!!

so it's a high school au, dedicated to my good friend, Jana, who gave me this idea!!!

basically, it's prom, and Bucky and sam are bffs, but like the kind that lovingly call each other an asshole

and the gist is, if you go as a couple, you get a prom discount. 

shenanigans ensue. 

enjoy

Sam's POV

It's prom weekend. 

All our friends are making plans to double up and go as a couple, so we can all get in on five dollar discount. 

(Bring a date, and you get half off both your tickets. Sweet bargain. If only I was dating someone.)

Steve and Tony are going together. Wanda and Nat started dating a month ago, and already were planning prom together. 

Clint is sneaking in with a big crowd, he refuses to stoop to a lower level than discount prom tickets. I think Pietro is still trying to persuade him just to pay. 

Thor, Bruce, Val and Loki all ditched this week, much to Bruce's dismay, and went on a road trip. 

The only two people left are me and my best friend Bucky. 

"Sam! Sam! I have a proposition to make." Speak of the devil. 

I turn around to see Bucky running towards me holding two bowties, his normally neat hair falling out. 

"Yes, Buck?" I ask, trying desperately not to laugh. 

"You know how everyone's pairing up for prom?" I nod, and motion for Bucky to turn around so I can fix his hair. "Anyways, I think we should do it. Prom's only five dollars each, which on the whole isn't bad. Plus we can spike the punch and do a bunch of rebellious shit." 

My heart stops, and I freeze, my hands still entangled in Bucky's hair. 

Quickly, I wrap the rubber band around the bun I made, and back away. 

"Sam?" 

"Wha- oh yeah. Yeah we can go."

"Great, because I bought you a tie. I hope you have a suit. I was thinking you could do this nice light blue I found at a thrift store, and my dad has this really nice navy blue suit that I could wear." Bucky says, his eyes lighting up as he explains. 

"I'll find a suit."

"Yes! This will be so fun!" Bucky cheers. He holds out his fist for me to bump, and I do, smiling. "You're the best friend anyone could ever have!"

I feel my heart sink a little, but I keep up the smile, and wave as Bucky races back down the way he came, still holding both ties in his hand. 

***

It's prom day. 

Bucky's picking me up, and we're meeting our friends at Olive Garden for dinner. 

(We're all broke teenagers, what did you expect?)

I finish buttoning my shirt, and look around for the tie, before remembering that Bucky still has it. 

I rake a hand through my cropped hair. 

I don't know if I can get through this night without combusting.