You were drunk, it didn't count Pt. 2 (Stony)

Hi!!!! I'm sorry, I know I said the next day, but I got busy!!!

But I'm updating now, so enjoy!!!

Steve's POV-- Right after Tony heads back to the party

He's drunk, I tell myself, he didn't mean it. He doesn't like me. He's just drunk. 

I sit down on my bed and pull out my sketchbook. I flip through, looking at photos I drew from memory, of the Howling Commandoes, of Peggy, of Zemo, of my nightmares. 

And of the Avengers, of my new family, and of Tony. Mostly of Tony. Of him falling asleep when we're watching movies, of him working when he lets me down to his workshop to sketch while he works. 

He kissed me.

I keep replaying the moment when it happened. When Tony leaned forward and pressed a kiss to my lips. Why did I pull away?

He was drunk. 

And he probably doesn't like me. 

But why would he kiss me? 

He looked so heartbroken when I sent him away. 

Tomorrow, I promise myself, I'll talk to him tomorrow. 

**TOMORROW**

"Hey, Nat, have you seen Tony?" I ask. I didn't come back to the party. I sketched for a bit, before falling asleep. I feel bad I didn't help with clean-up, but by the time I woke up, the main room was already clean. 

"Not since last night. He was passed out drunk, so Clint and I helped him to his room. We haven't seen him since. He might still be in his room, you might wanna check there first." Natasha offers. I thank her and make my way to the elevator to head up to Tony's floor. 

Upon reaching Tony's bedroom door, my heartbeat quickens. What will I say? What will he say? Should I knock, or just open the door?

In the end, I decide on knocking, lightly, in case he's hungover, or still sleeping. 

I hear sheets rustling and moments later, Tony opens the door, his hair sticking up in every direction, his eyes half-closed from sleep. 

The arc reactor in the middle of Tony's chest glows softly through his black tank top. I swallow nervously.

"Hey, Tony, can we talk?" I ask. 

Tony nods and opens the door wider. I step inside, and fiddle with my hands. 

"So, watcha need?" Tony asks, sitting down on his unmade bed. 

"It's about last night, I wanted to-"

"Shit, Steve, I'm sorry I was drunk. It was a mistake." Tony rambles, blushing furiously. 

"Was it really?" I ask, tilting my head. 

"Was it... no." Tony answers, defeated. "I'm sorry, Steve, I understand if you don't want to be friends anymore."

"That was not why I came here," I respond. Tony looks up at me, confused.

"Why did you come here?" Tony asks, confused.

I sit next to Tony on the bed and cup his cheek in my hand. 

"For this," I whisper, and I press my lips to Tony's. 

Tony gasps, before pushing back. 

He pulls away and bites his lip tentatively. 

"So, last night..."

"I didn't know if you actually liked me or you were just drunk," I explain. 

"Well, I was drunk. And jealous." Tony huffs. I smile and grab Tony's hand and lift it up. I press a quick kiss to Tony's hand, making the other man blush. 

"Guess I don't need to be jealous anymore." Tony murmurs. 

"Nope."

"I can't believe our first kiss was me drunk off my ass." Tony laughs quietly. 

"You were drunk, it doesn't count." I immediately respond. Tony laughs again and lays his head on my shoulder. 

"Mm, fine." Tony lays his head on my shoulder, his eyes drooping before finally closing. 

I smile softly. 

"Goodnight, Tony," I whisper.

"Night, Stevie."

There! Happy ending!! 

I hope you enjoyed!!!

Please vote, comment and share!!

And go check out my other stories!!!

Thank you for reading!!! 

XOXO Valkyrie