Part 43

Taunts and her cries

As Anjali said, he washed his face and looked at his face in mirror where his eyes are reddish in color, he looking like more exhausted. After wiping his face he came down where all are sitting after completing pooja.

All looked at him but no one asked him any question that why he didn't come down as they know about him very well.

Anjali smiled seeing her brother, she asked, are you alrite now?

Arnav nodded as yes.

Khushi who prepared lunch till now came out from kitchen saying, lunch is ready...her gaze fell on arnav who is looking at the floor simply and lost in his thoughts. Seeing him she felt relived thinking somehow he came back to normal.

Shanti who looked at khushi and seeing her gaze on arnav, she boiled in anger and said in loud tone, khushi still why are you standing like statue who will arrange the table?

Khushi came out of her thought and noticed now arnav also looking at her. She rushed inside kitchen to arrange table.

Nani asked shanti, why are you always shouting at her she only did whole lunch, morning also she worked without taking rest, without appreciating why are you scolding her unnecessarily.

Shanti replied, you don't know anything, now a days she is having eye on something else and she is not caring about her husband. Don't know what my son has seen in her, he is not ready to marry anyone else, only her. I know her filthy mind trapped my son like this.

Nani became angry, shut up shanti for all there is a limit, shall I tell the same to you, you also came from middle class family only don't forget your origin.

Shanti said, sasuma she is my daughter in law I have rights to scold her.

Nani said, you are my daughter in law I too have full rites on you to scold.

Shanti muttered, more than me that filthy girl became important na...fine you all itself enjoy your lunch, saying she left from there.

All this time anjali sat as silent spectator and arnav sat clenching his fist in anger by hearing her ususal taunt on khushi. But one thing is good is that khushi didn't hear their heated conversation as she was busy in work.

Khushi came in few minutes telling she arranged the food. All gathered at table except shyam who went out and his mom who went inside in anger.

Khushi served nani and anjali, before she serve arnav he itself served on his own. Seeing shanti absence khushi asked, di where is maji..

Before anjali could say, nani said, leave her if she got hungry she will come, now you also come and eat with us.

Khushi said, I will ask her to come saying she went from there before nani protest.

Arnav muttered, typical daughter in law..my foot..

Khushi went to shanti room, seeing her shanti got rage she shouted, now why you came, to see what I'm doing aa.. Are you happy now because of you my sasuma shouted at me, now what you want.

Khushi said with tears, I just came to call you for lunch. She shouted, lunch...throw it in dustbin, i don't need your food, now don't show your fake innocent face with crocodile tears, get lost from my room.

Khushi rushed out to her room with heavy tears.

Anjali and nani looked at each other feeling pity for khushi, arnav closed his eyes controlling his frustation, as they all heard shanti voice who shouted at khushi.

Khushi brust into crying thinking about her life, she thought what badness she did to whom to get life like this. What wrong she did to get her wrath, she just need one shoulder to cry, one hand to wipe her tears, one mouth to spell soothing words, one arm to hug her, one soul to give assurance.... None.. None is there to provide these things at present. World is huge with millions of people, but when we need someone there is no one, world itself seems to be empty only.