Part 22

Her care ...remembrance of his mom

At dinner time, both ate silently without any look without any word, just with complete silence. After finishing dinner Arnav went to bed room, Khushi cleaned kitchen before comes to bed. When she came to bed room, Arnav noticed her who was looking confused.

They both looked at each other, Arnav caught the reason he got up from bed with his laptop saying she can lie on the bed.

He moved to couch, Khushi replied him that he can take bed and she will use couch.

Arnav uttered its okay and got busy with his works.

Khushi laid on the bed and drifted to sleep due to tiredness which she is having still due to journey and shopping.

Arnav worked on his laptop without realizing time which is moving on. At mid nite Khushi woke up from sleep to drink water, she looked at him who is working till 1.00 am.

She asked with hesitation why he still didn't sleep.

He just replied as having some work.

Khushi told him that waking till late nite is not good for health.

Arnav looked at her but he ignored her words and continued his work.

Khushi was helpless she don't have any rights on him, he is only helping her from worst situation and she can't advice or order anything to him. She again slept after quenching her thirst.

Next morning when she woke up she looked at Arnav who is sleeping uncomfortablely, Khushi felt bad for him because of her only this situation now, she became burden for him. She thought to wake him up to go and lie on the bed but she was concerned and felt don't wanna disturb him. She took bath and she dressed up in kitchen as they are having only one bed room, while she is wearing Saree she recalled yesterday nite incident which is making her heart to beat fast.

She composed herself and came to bed room to do usual simple make up. After keeping kajol to her eyes and bindi on her fore head, she took pinch of sindoor when she raised her hand to her head, her gaze fixed on Arnav in mirror, who opened his eyes at exact moment and he too looked at her.

Somewhere in Arnav heart he is also having wish that he wanna live his life like others who is having own family, his wife who wanna wake him from sleep and he wanna admire her beauty while she is dressing, she wants to take care of him, their children wants to play with him, these small wishes he too had but now he is having different goal in his life, after that only he will think what he is going to do, at present no place for emotion. When he looked at her dressing, somewhere his wish came to his mind but Khushi is nothing to him. He got up from couch and went to wash room to get fresh. Khushi looked at him, then at sindoor which is on her finger tips, this sindoor don't have any value in her life, in which name she is keeping it from that person only she wants freedom, she kept it again on sindoor box and went to kitchen to prepare break fast for them.

Arnav got ready for office, when he came breakfast is ready, he just ate toast and went out telling her that he will come late and no need to wait for him.

Khushi got bored she don't know what to do, she called Anjali and talked with her for some time, afternoon she took nap, evening she saw some programmes some how time went, after ten she got worried for Arnav even though he said he will come late.

She tried to call him but just coming as unreachable which making her to get more worried. She was feeling restless and getting panic more as time goes by, lot of bad unwanted thoughts haunting her like what if something bad happened to him. Almost her eyes got glistened, in this new place where she can search, to whom she will ask.

After some time Arnav came home, she got relief but seeing his exhausted state she got worried. Looking at her Arnav asked why she didn't sleep.

Hearing his low voice which is unusual she touched his head which is burning with fever. She immediately took him with her, made him to lie on bed. She brought some food for him, he denied it to take. Atlast she, herself fed him which shocked him but he don't have strength to argue so just ate it. He closed his eyes in drowsiness;

Khushi went to kitchen taking his plate. She came back with bowl of water and white cloth, she started to dip it and keep on his head.

Arnav felt that wetness but he was not in the state to open his eyes also, unknowingly he remembered his mom care, who always will do same thing to him whenever he gets fever in childhood after his mom left him no one showed him that much care or love.. In other words he don't like to get it from anyone even his sister, but now who is taking care of him, the person who don't have any close relation in his life. without realizing few tears escaped from his closed eyes, seeing it Khushi just wiped it...