1.14

________________
ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
________________

'

Jaemin scrunched his nose as he stared at those bones scattering on the ground.

"how long are these already?" jaemin asked, sighing heavily as he turned to other officer.

"it's 7 years, sir" one of the officer informed making Jaemin's eyes went wide, "7 years already?!"

They got a called from someone who lived nearby saying that when they trying to dig the ground, they found the bones.

"send these to forensic, we'll find their identity"

Jaemin commanded to the other officers and they obeyed him as they carefully picked the bones before keeping it inside plastic bags.

"have you heard any new from Haechan?" Jaemin asked the elder.

Renjun frowned before shaking his head, sighing heavily. "but boss said, haechan called him yesterday and said he's fine"

Renjun shrugged before taking of his gloves, sighing as he stared at other officers who are clearing the bones.

"who do you think those belongs to?"

Jaemin turned to where Renjun's attention at before shaking his head. "I don't know man, how can human be so cruel..." Jaemin sighed in disappointment.

"well maybe the victims did something wrong? You know, not paying debt or anything?" Renjun guessed.

Jaemin frowned, "still" Jaemin turned to Renjun. "people doesn't deserve to die in this way, it's way too cruel you know, buried their dead bodies here, their families must be very sad and worry"

Renjun nodded his head, agreeing with the younger. "this is why we're here Na, we will catch those people who cause this mess"

A smile crept on Jaemin's face as he nodded his head, "of course we will, we're professional after all"

Renjun broke into laughter after hearing his statement before rolling his eyes playfully.

'

Renjun eyes focused on his computer as he typed all the information he received from Haechan.

"hyung, we're going to forensic, about the bones, you wanna come to?" Chenle asked as he stopped beside the elder's table.

Renjun shook his head without turning to the younger. "I have work to do, it's okay you guys can go, inform to me about any information"

Chenle simply nodded his head before chuckling, "you are very busy these days, take a break okay, hyung, make sure to eat"

Renjun looked up to the younger before letting out a small chuckled, "Yeah I will, go already, they must be waiting for you"

Renjun smiled to Chenle, staring at his figure that already walks away, slowly disappearing from his sight.

He then once again turned his attention to his computer, continue typing.

'

Kim Hongjoong, 7ᵗʰ November, 1998.
God Father (leader)

Park Seonghwa, 3ʳᵈ April, 1998.
Under Boss, Medic

Kang Yeosang, 15ᵗʰ June, 1999.
Head of Junior Forces, Torture Specialist

Choi San, 10ᵗʰ July, 1999.
Trainer for hand to hand combat, Assassin

Song Mingi, 9ᵗʰ August, 1999
Hacker, Poison/Hallucination Specialist, Arsonist

Jung Wooyoung, 26ᵗʰ November, 1999.
Sniper, Manipulator

Choi Jongho, 12ᵗʰ October, 2000.
Head of Weaponry, Anti-Doctor

Kim Minhee, 25ᵗʰ March, 2002.
Decoy, Manipulator, Escape Artist

'

Renjun furrowed his eyebrows. "a girl?" he mumbled to himself, reading the texts he received from Haechan once again, making sure he was right.

[ "Kim Minhee, 25/03/02, one and only female members,
work for Ateez for almost 3 years now" ]

Renjun leaned back on his seat as he stared at the girl profile. "25th march?" he raised his eyebrows as he sighed heavily.

"what is she doing with them? she's way too young"

He shook his head as he sighed again, "decoy, manipulator and escape artist? Where does she learn these all from?"

He continued reading the other profiles as he tried to find their identity. "identity not exist?" he muttered under his breath.

"what is that Mr. Huang?" a voice spoke up next to him making the poor male jolted in surprise.

"hyung!" he sighed in relief as he place his hand on his chest. Taeyong chuckled before turning to Renjun's computer again.

"who identity not exist?" he asked and a frown once again plastered on the younger face as he turned to his computer.

"this girl, Kim Minhee" he blurted.

"I found about other members background and mostly their family are gone but her identity not exist, I can't found her background or her family, she's faking her identity, boss"

Taeyong tighten his lips as he crossed his arms, nodding his head. "she surely is hiding her identity and that's making everything harder, we can't get to know her background"

Renjun furrowed his eyebrows before sighing heavily. "she's way too young, don't you think so?" taeyong nodded his head.

"but nowadays age doesn't matter, even kids know how to steal, she's the same age as Jisung so she may be not too young for this"

Renjun nodded his head, "but haechan said she's been joining Ateez for almost 3 years, boss," he voiced out again.

"that's mean she has been joining this dangerous world since she's 17" renjun continue before shaking his head in disappointment.

Taeyong chuckled before patting the younger shoulder. "I think you should take a break Mr. Huang, stop overworking yourself"

Renjun nodded his head before sending a reassuring smile to his boss.

"don't worry boss, I will finish this a little more" Taeyong nodded his head before walking away, probably back to his office again.

Renjun pressed his lips into thin lines, "this girl..." he mumbled. "I need to find more about her, she's hiding something"