6

It was morning, Link woke up after the last night in his father's old room.

He remembered his meeting yesterday, they would offer the refugees from the calamity those the militia's room, he opened the curtains and the window that overlooked the training ground where the boy's eyes found soldiers from different regions training side by side, he smiled gladly,  then returned to close everything and be able to change.

The knight's gaze met the night table where he placed the royal guard uniform and the champion's tunic replacement, he felt that he should earn the uniform so he opted for the tunic.

So he packed the uniform in the longest and widest pouch he had; One hardly used, then added his few books, changes of clothes, the torn champion's tunic, before taking his journal to the pouch he decided to make a new entry.

His diary had been paused in time, he wrote in it when he was promoted from novice to official knight, at the age of 15 and only in the kingdom had they discovered the divine beasts; He sighed, sat on the bed to start writing.

"February 21, today is my 18th birthday and also my first day as a royal guard; a lot has happened since I wrote here, at least it wasn't 100 years ...

Months ago the prophecy that King Rhoam feared so much was approaching, after a battle in Hyrule's plain I was promoted to be the princess Zelda's appointed knight, we went to recruit the champions to pilot the divine beasts, after several misunderstandings that were clarified with the amazing Zelda's dialogue ability, we resolved everything.

I had a reunion with Mipha, I didn' t saw her since I was 16 years old, until King Rhoam selected her to be Vah Rutah's champion,  in a blink she became part of the champion's team, the rest are an amazing Gerudo matriarch called Urbosa, she is very soft with me even though i'm a "voe", then there's Daruk, a very nice goron who made me discover that the gastronomy of his town is actually very rich and a rito warrior named Revali, I don't have many comments about him, he has been a good leader for the other warriors of his village but sometimes I feel that he wants to pierce me with an arrow ... "

He shook his hand to rest it before writing again, it was therapeutic to speak in that inked environment.

"I turned out to be the one chosen by the sword that seals the darkness, according to the legends, it's a great responsibility; When I took it off the pedestal I only had in mind to protect the ones i met during our journey, I knew that I could protect them with it...

But, the prophecy of  Ganon's return was fulfilled, Princess Zelda, who is now my friend, awakened her power and with the support of everyone, including a couple of travelers from the future, we were able to end the Calamity, we wouldn't have achieved it alone, thanks to Hylia that such talented and powerful warriors supported us on this journey.

Now I will go to Hateno's fortress to check if there are monsters still around the area, after securing it I will go to Akkala; I hope to get to the village at night, go unnoticed, I still have the house's key, I haven't been there for a long time, I hope mother is well, did Father cleaned her grave while i was gone? Will Eria be mad at me? I just want to see that they are safe "

When he finished writing, not even the sun had risen yet, the sky was just colored in beautiful pastel tones, Link packed his journal on his personal pouch, carried that it along with the large one, and left the room.

He turned to see for the last time that plaque attached to his door, he had no tools to remove it, sad for that, he ran the tips of his fingers over the engraving of the name one last time, after that he began to go uppers floors to leave the castle.

Link went to the remains of the kitchen and with ingredients collected from his travels he prepared a couple of rice balls with vegetables, a pleasant smell began to emit from the pot, he chopped the vegetables into small slices and the rice was mixed perfectly with a touch of butter, when everything was ready he began to form the triangular shape of the riceballs with his hands with a strip of dried seaweed to ensure.

During the adventure, he was one of the main cooks, even Rhoam had applauded his gastronomic talent, he wrapped that breakfast in a palm's leaf and put it in his pouch without first putting one of the rice balls in his mouth because his stomach was already roaring.

-¿Link? - He heard a familiar voice and turned with his cheeks full of rice, Mipha was looking at him shyly from the frame of the door although she didn't avoid giving a shy laugh while seeing Link like that, he quickly passed his food to start gesturing

¿Mipha? ¿Shouldn't you be asleep in your room? ¿What's wrong?

He asked, she placed her hands behind her back with a slight blush -I ... I already have my carriage ready to go home and I went to the kitchen to eat something before leaving- she confessed looking at the floor, shrugging her shoulders -I-I was w-wondering i-if...-

Before she ended speaking, the blond nodded and as if she had given him an order, he searched inside his pouch for some ingredients, rice, snail, fish, butter and a rock salt.

He lit the fire again, added the butter to melt in the pot and began to cook, removed the fish bones, the skin, meticulously sliced the meat to mix it with the melted butter, a pinch of the salt rock making the fish concentrate its flavor, then finished adding the rice; Mipha blushed as she heard her stomach rumble as she caught the delicious scent.

Once finished, he served everything in one of the still useful plates and placed it on the central table in the kitchen along with some cutlery -¡Wow Link! ¡It really looks made from a royal chef! - she congratulated taking a seat on one of the few benches still standing, she politely ate bite by bite the fish and rice that had been prepared with such care for her while Link unwrapped the rice balls in order to eat them almost in one bite each portion, he didn't feel ashamed to eat like that in front of her, she basically met him while growing up.

When they finished, they looked each other satisfied for having eaten such a delicious breakfast.

Link made a gesture of saying goodbye until the zora stopped him - I-I have something to give you, f-for your birthday! If you want t-to come with me!- said Mipha with her cheeks as red as her fins.

It would be the day, Mipha would confess the love she felt for him, Daruk, Urbosa, even the future version of her little brother had encouraged her to do it.

She sighed in relief when the knight nodded, this feeling increased when she found out that they would not share the carriage.

The knight explained to her about his assigned tasks; Link went for his mare, named "Epona" like the one of the legends that his mother used to tell him about the horse of the legendary hero. He mounted and Epona trotted until being aside of the carriage as it began to walk, Mipha opened the curtains of the carriage's window to be able to talk with Link.

----

Meanwhile, on the outskirts of the Rito Village, Revali finished reading the letter on the ranch that was located next to the main bridge, there were a couple of refugees from Central Hyrule, when he lowered the papers he saw the expectant looks of the hylians; Children, women and men.

During the childhood of the archer, he always maintained his belief that hylians were selfish and fearful beings, and got surprised to see how each of the Hylian subjects made an effort to help the family that owned the place in exchange for shelter and food, now a different word crossed his mind when he saw the Hylians ... "Resilient".

As the refugees began to prepare a caravan and return, the archer spreaded his wings going to his village without ensuring first that those hylians would be guarded by a pair of rito warriors.

(CHAPTER SIX; I want to develop the relationship of the champions, everyone, I love each of the characters, also Link, he is already 18, and indeed the first launch of a TLoZ was on that date, our baby boy)